Overseer Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

Overseer has a lot of potential, if DP continues to give it attention and upgrade / modify / add to it.

--For instance, LoN had a player market to buy / sell / trade cards. Any thoughts of adding a Player Market Tab to the Overseer window to buy / sell / trade Agents?

--Any chance of allowing players to link Agents to show others, like we do items, Achievements, spell effects...?

--Vendor items are generally limited and overly expensive, if not unappetizing. I mean, three 1-use illusion potions? Now, if they were an illusion item I could add to my key ring, I'd snatch them up. And how about an Overseer Agents Satchel? Overseer's Equestrielle Mount? Overseer Agent familiars (as in familiars that look like some of the Agents)? Dev familiars (i.e. an Ogre Ngreth Familiar might add a very small chance of less fails in TS combines, if you have it up)?
    Mr Blue Sky likes this.
  2. strongbus Augur

I like to see them add in aa's as a reward.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I think it provides adequate rewards. I'd much rather have more actual everquest content instead of more overseer stuff.
    Svann2, Lannin, smash and 1 other person like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'd like to see them adjust the conversion quests to ensure you get a higher level agent with a specific job. For instance, if I convert 3 common merchants, then the result should be an uncommon with Merchant (2).
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

The biggest thing I'd like to see changed now is for recommended agents to be sorted out. It is not enjoyable clicking through each agent or scrolling through extensive drop down to find the agents which have the correct skill or what not. It is daunting and unenjoyable.

I also wish they would put the mission type in the name. (ie. Trade - xyz)

And it would grey out any mission which I don't have an available ! hero to do.

I don't have a problem with the way it plays or the rewards, just the way I pick out my heroes. Having 15 heroes to choose from but only 1 or sometimes none of them increase my chance of success just makes the system daunting and unenjoyable.
  6. enclee Augur

Agreed with all Vumad's suggestions, there's so much missing for a quality user experience.

For my suggestion, I would say they need to trim down the amount of traits. It's pretty ridiculous, how many different traits exist. Why wouldn't you just start simple with 10-15? Does the game really need Worg, Werewolf, Monsterous, etc when Monster exists?
    Vumad likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

iirc there are 92 traits, 181 agents
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's in the plans. Some missing information is keeping me from completing adding AA's at this time.
    KarmaKitty, Fanra, Andarriel and 4 others like this.
  9. Atvar Augur

More suggestions:

Get rid of the shorthand names and just use full names for agents. Once you get more than a handful of agents, it takes more time actually trying to figure out who exactly you gained from a recruit success. It is tedious and serves absolutely no real purpose in the game.

I agree with Vumad that sorting needs to be better. Maybe put a star in the upper right corner of agent icons that meet a bonus racial or trait? Or add a toggle button to that UI that filters/unfilters agents with said bonus traits. The drop down lists that have been in the game since /bazaar are incredibly tedious i'm surprised there haven't been more complaints about this over the years.
    KarmaKitty and Jhenna_BB like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

You are a scholar and a gentleman!
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Do you guys still use the Overseer after the insanely dumb changes to item costs?
  12. Derka Power Ranger

It's something to do while medding or waiting on cooldowns. I am saving for annoying collectibles on an alt. Those poor burynai, I'm surprised they aren't extinct from trying to get Giant Cutlery
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Mainly using it for alts to gain a little exp while I'm busy doing something else, every little helps. :)

My fav alt is on my main account so I play the main and the alt claims all the overseer exp. :)
  14. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Sure, it breaks up the routine a bit. Items will be added eventually (possibly even next patch) so why wouldn't you? Even a chance at getting a collection item is great, which I have many so far....

Have to try to find the positive in things rather than complain about every little thing in this game people claim to love.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I really like all of this!
  16. Jalelorf Augur

I have the best idea ever, stop putting time and effort into the crap.
    Metanis likes this.
  17. enclee Augur

Here’s some more suggestions and these are going to help your revenue:

1) Allow Krono to be redeemed for Darkpaw Dollars, this way you can get some Krono out of the market. Now, that it’s redeemable for Darkpaw Dollars a player can go to the Darkpaw Store buy agents, finish missions, etc.

2) Allow agents to be traded in game. Once again, boosts Krono sales and Overseer sales.
    Vumad and Jhenna_BB like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some of the tradeskill rewards I think could do with splitting up a bit. Personally if I was doing it I would split things out a bit by tradeskill. For example

Harvesting Quests would give you items used for the following
    Baking
    Brewing
    Poison
    Alchemy

Research Quests would give you items used in
    Tailoring
    Smithing
    Research
    Fishing (torn between here and harvesting as items are used in both, but this gives 4 tradeskills to each set)

Crafting Quests would give you items used in
    Jewelcraft
    Fletching
    Tinkering
    Pottery

Crafting quests are only 6 hours, but the 4 tradeskills I have put in that group have very few items which are not purchaseable, both Research and Harvesting are longer quests therefore contain the tradeskills which require more dropable/foraged items.

Items which overlap in any of the 3 overseer rewards could be rewarded in both/all 3.

This may make it easier to target the rewards for tradeskill items players require, without getting lots of other items they are not interested in.
    KarmaKitty, swerves, enclee and 2 others like this.
  19. Tenken Augur

Vendor: Any chance of adding Nobles currency, since we have brews and crystallized luck on it?
  20. Mazame Augur

Here is the changes I would like to see.
    The vendor up behind pok library is all alone. Please add 2 more vendors

Vendor #1 would be a trade skill vendor. Currently the trade skill items are more of a waste then anything. you don't get enough of what you need and to much of what you don't.
    Please change the TS reward to trade skill token that then be used on the new TS vendor to buy the TS item you need. I understand you want TS items to have different value but this could be done by price vs. filling up our bags with unused items.
    Example I am working on Blacksmith skill. to get an Ore that only comes from the 24 hour mission and then you only get 1 is out of balance. I would much rather have it on a vendor where I can do 6 - 12 or 24 hour mission Token that I then trade for the items I am after.
    This would also let you expand Trade skill drops that are offer by simply adding them to the vendor. It would also let you cover past items with out having to add each exp to the reward list.

Vendor #2 would be a Currency Vendor. You have added the Brews to the main vendor but I would like to see other currency added to a vendor for both raid and group content. The Old content would still need to be unlocked by going and doing the events. However trying to get a people to farm the coins is not always possible. Having a the option to use Overseer to get old coin I feel would be a great use of the system.

I would also like to see Agents added to the agent tab that we do not own. It would be nice to see what agents we are missing that we are looking for. Another option would be to make the agent list as an export so we can track what agents we have and are missing.
    on the Stats tab you have listed Total agents but maybe this could be broken down a bit into Elite / Rare/ Uncommon/ Common.

Progress Unlocks higher level quest. I have reached Max level on Recruitment and because of that have gotten a number of Elite quest that I am not even close to be able to complete.
    Maybe you can add an option to set the level of our progression for when quest are picked.
    Example I am Level 5 Recruitment but when quest are pulled I would like to set my level to level 3. That way I get quest I can complete Rather than one I can't even start.
    I am having the same trouble with other quest where I level faster then my ability to gain agents and it making it harder to complete quest.
    KarmaKitty and Goburs like this.