New servers ASAP. Covid-19 and people home

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dakotou, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xondor Lorekeeper

Imagine having an opportunity to be one of the few businesses to profit off of this, and not taking it.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Calling a company dumb is a really great way to get them to work hard at helping you isn't it?

Tell me, how often does this tactic of being obnoxious work out for in your day to day life?

you: "Hey, dummy, give me a hand over here?"

them: "Take a walk, pal."
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So you just want a straight up Phinny clone, no new features, nothing to differentiate it it from the past, ohh 3-4 TLP then?

They are planning for the next TLP Aradune/Rizlona to be the "new model" or Phinny 4.0 is another way of looking at it, that means they are not doing the same old thing they have done before & want to make it different, which funnily enough is EXACTLY what a lot of people have asked for before this contagion took hold.

The speed at which this virus has become a problem is pretty unprecedented in modern times, the last really global pandemic was over a hundred years ago, but DPG should have taken that into consideration right?

If it were easy everybody would be doing it.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Tachya Elder

Because of social distancing, only ranged DPS will be allowed.
    Accipiter and wrod like this.
  5. Ambee Elder

Really? I thought they were a business and not moody school children.

He's right, though. They'd be making a ton of money if they launched right now. Unfortunately, they had no way of knowing the outside world was going to be shut down for a while and just aren't ready at the moment
  6. Prathun Developer

Rehearsals and the recording happened on evenings and weekends and 98% of the people involved weren't EQ developers. :p
    Please be assured that we're working towards releasing new Progression Servers as quickly as we are able. There are some technical hurdles to overcome.
    jiri_, Yinla, Skuz and 7 others like this.
  7. BlingBling Journeyman

Thanks for all the hard work! We understand that everyone is having to make adjustments in this current world. And any hurdles can be tougher to deal with!

We are excited and will wait patiently (Most of us, haha) for more info and release dates!
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I feel like this thread has the makings of an awesome r/maliciouscompliance thread.

COVID TLP server - starts in classic, AoCs, regular box, but can't exit your guild hall.
  9. Chikkin Augur

haha. It's hard to joke about this kind of stuff. I'm in Florida, the 4th most infected state. But I had to smile at your comment.

To Piggyback:

Everquest Producer, JChan, has recently issued a server-wide alert, advising all accounts over 15 years of age to to shelter in place. If quests or supplies are needed and adventure is mandatory, to practice safe-social distancing. When asked exactly what the social distancing regulations were, she was quoted as saying ".. use common sense people, now is not the time for raiding or grouping." -- Meanwhile in other news, one guild was spotted throwing a "COVID Party" in EC Tunnel around a campfire, apparently skeptic at seriousness of the Pandemic.
    Prathun and Aneuren like this.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

So what anti-cheat software did you decide to implement for the new progression servers? Punk Buster?? Valve Anti-Cheat?? :)
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I'm in New York, so I understand.

The truth heart of my comment was really the maliciouscompliance part though. So many people cheer when the pushy customer gets what is coming to them, and those cheers are all I think about when I read some of these threads =p
  12. Ayoheee Augur

FTFY
    Fraggly likes this.
  13. Typucm Elder

I am glad to hear that there is a chance to start the servers faster!
    Hope you solve the technical problems and start the servers soon :)
  14. Sikkun Augur

I’m sure lots of people wish they were at home without a care in the world (except a TLP server). They don’t have to worry about income from loss of job, their businesses going under, their family members dying, their investments tanking, losing homes, etc. No my God the only worry in the world people have right now is if they can play a new server of a video game.

Must be a great life.
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Clearly most of you vocal people have no clue what it is like to actually work from home, in an environment not built to facilitate work from home, with limited and sometimes no access to tools/software that is licensed to X location and not everyone's home computer, tools used on a daily basis that are not available at the touch now. The mere fact that they are even working to get this up sooner is something you should be grateful for, not bashing.

Put your big boy pants on people and understand that this is an unusual time with unusual circumstances.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  16. Zansobar Augur

I would assume they would just vpn into their work computer at work from home and operate all the software they need safely from home.
  17. Sikkun Augur

It’s not about DPG ability to adjust to working from home, it’s about the millions of people losing their jobs while “adults” cry on a video game forum about not being given a server as fast as they want it. Then using a word wide crisis as an excuse for why their demands should be given into immediately. The OP doesn’t give two about what’s going on, nor do the other 5 people that makes these threads everyday. They didn’t get a new server in March and are going to make new threads to complain about it until the day they arrive.
    Skuz, code-zero and Gherig like this.
  18. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Why does TLP need a new server? Are they trying to escape the bot teams ?

The bot teams people will just make new bot teams on the new server and farm there asap, to just buy sell and trade PP and Krono for $, just like they are doing on the current TLP servers.
  19. FL!P Augur

You guys see what happened to Last Oasis launch? A prime example of putting the cart b4 the horse.
  20. Attila Augur

True, but the bots are currently making the game almost impossible to enjoy. Forcing people to PTW on Mangler is going to destroy the population they have worked so hard to build. It is in their best interest to open another TLP A.S.A.P. Not to mention the rollback issues which seem to be related. This is what I am hearing anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.