Congrats SOA, TR and IL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Maedhros High King

I think it's still an accomplishment to beat Mearatas, even at 115.
    There is nothing to gain from beating it other than checking the block and the knowledge that you didn't skip content because it was too hard.
    The banes still work the exact same way as before and do not do more damage if you use level 115 spells vs level 1.
    I applaud all the guilds that are still working to beat this after TOV came out.
    So, well done Symphony of Arms, Township Rebellion, and Inverse Logic!
    Eryssel, FubarEQ, Elyssanda and 19 others like this.
  2. Zvenn Just an old monk

grats :)
    Zunnoab likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

Congrats all!
    yepmetoo and Zunnoab like this.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

Thanks! It's interesting that IL's winning run was extremely smooth, but I suppose things snowball so quickly on that event there's not much room for a tough win.

It's a fun event for a class that can bane four of five add types...
    Kuvani, Elyssanda, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  5. Duder Augur

Indeed, very awesome. I saw someone in EQR serverwide link vanquisher, not sure what guild they were from. Was it on a first win? Impressive if so ;) Congrats everyone
    Zunnoab likes this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

It was, but by the time we got to the win we could get to 25% with ease, which is the nature of the event of course but it gives lots of practice for all of the mechanics vanquisher requires. That's a lot of pressure for the hall emotes since one failure costs everyone else the achievement. I'm not a fan of that kind of achievement, but I'm not whining considering we did get it.

It's definitely an event that requires perseverance. When we were first learning it I was baffled by the speed of the rocks at 50%, and of course in the long run that's a very minor detail compared to what goes down at 25%.

Maybe the secret is fruit stickers.
    (That is an inside joke that makes no sense out of context. :D)
  7. Duder Augur

I agree, it pits people against eachother in a very unfriendly way.
    FubarEQ and Bigstomp like this.
  8. Sabrefist- Journeyman

9. forum troll Elder

Congratz
    Symphony of Arms, Township Rebellion, and Inverse Logic!
    Zunnoab, Eryssel and Brackson like this.
  10. Xeladom Augur

11. Cailen Augur

12. Metanis Bad Company

Winning it now really illuminates the accomplishment of the guilds that beat it last year at level 110 before it was "fixed". My hat is off to those winners!
    Whulfgar, Elyssanda and Sancus like this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Massive Congratulations to all of my old friends on Luclin! So happy for you guys, each and every one of you!
    Zunnoab, Travestii and Metanis like this.
  14. Axxius Augur

The evolving items from TBL are still BiS. IIRC you need the raid achievements from Mearatas to finish them.

Grats SoA, TR and IL!
  15. Maedhros High King

Beating doesn't necessarily guarantee you're going to get the ACH's but you are right that its still a decent carrot to chase.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

It's certainly a lot closer to obtaining the achievements.. then not beating it..
    Axxius likes this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Gratz guys
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

Congrats! Well done!!