Why I Believe they are Waiting to Launch the new TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Lumiens Augur

The devs are hard at work on the Necro dot revamp to have it all ready to go for the new TLP servers.
  2. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]
    Aegir and Skuz like this.
  3. Zansobar Augur

Preach on brother!
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Keep believing, gotta happen one day & then you will have been proved right all along....or something.
  5. Barder-mangler Augur

Totally, it’s a pvp Fv loot server with no levitation in POF and necro dots fixed, what a day it will be!
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Gemstoner Elder

Yeah, but still no b-hole cut of Cats ... TLP boycott!!
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They're doing server merges first so they can reuse the old server hardware. It's not hard to figure out imo.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's the pro retro play after all.
  9. mark Augur

necro dot revamp yes definitly,i have some land to sell you really cheap on mars if interested.
    Rekreant likes this.
  10. Rekreant New Member

THIS GUY KNOWS WHATS UP
  11. Kalipto Augur

I wish that were true. Yet at the same time - how would it actually work. Necros in early game did fairly balanced DPS (as far as balance goes in eq). Would you shorten the dots and increase the damage/mana? Cause then you're just pushing them closer to other casters. Also making kiting not as much fun. The long burn dots are what necros basically all about.

So what would you do with necro dots? I think thats why they haven't touched them.
  12. Attila Augur

I heard they were putting GM's, Merchants, Vendors etc.for all the classes in the game so you can play any class from the start of the server. That sounds like a lot of work to me.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Heard from whom? I don't think anything like that is going on. If you heard it here, then you can promptly disregard it.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While All classes in at the start has been quite a popular suggestion for TLP, it does have detractors, and while it's certainly possible to do it & it would also take a significant amount of work to achieve, you have not heard anything credible to suggest that this is actually happening.

Could be that, could be something completely different.

Could be a more up to date defeat system for the automation programs to make the Truebox server a much more unfriendly place for botters..

Could be AoC expanded to each & every zone so you can take your group anywhere & the botters won't even be an issue for you as you can go camp whatever you want.

Could be all raid loot is going to be no-drop but the raid currencies system will be extended backwards for every raid event so that you can also buy some of your raid gear in the earlier expansions from a vendor just like you can in later ones.

Could be that there will be better "catch-up" systems, such as once Luclin unlocks you can claim one free level 51 with 50 aa character upgrade, once TSS unlocks you can claim one level 70 character in defiant level gear and aa up to but not including TSS upgrade, and then once HoT unlocks one free Heroic Character upgrade.

Could be Truebox switches off automatically once SoD unlocks.

And.........well, I am sure there are other things it could be as well.
  15. Lumiens Augur

Thanks for the input all. I've actually decided now that instead of playing a Necro on the new TLPs that I'm just going to play Pantheon when it gets released.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

The way Brad intended.
  17. Silver-Crow Augur

You might be waiting a while, especially if alpha and beta last as long as the pre-alpha. Don't get me wrong i'm looking forward to pantheon too, but until there's something concrete to play, i'm not going to let it affect any choices i make right now about what i'm going to spend time on.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Very wise, while I am confident Pantheon will launch eventually that date is probably still a few years away.
  19. Rekreant New Member

Youll be waiting longer for pantheon than a dot revamp lol. At least we have hope for a dot revamp some day......
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Dog years or people years? You could say that I think the release of Pantheon is unlikely in the near future.