Please for the love of God, fix Mangler from going down every other day.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sawlt, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Eklipse New Member

On top of that the DZ lockout timers bug out w/ added time making these crashes even worse. How people in the same raid can end up with different lockout timers is mind boggling
  2. A player New Member

going down again
  3. Coletricklw Journeyman

Two crashes within an hour of each other. Another Time raid ruined...
    Zoshiro likes this.
  4. Ledgin410 New Member

At this time I would like to remind everyone that the thing to do is direct their frustration at their fellow player and not the service provider.
    A player likes this.
  5. nazgull2k1 Elder

this is fuggin ridiculous at this point.

yeah "im being a tool" now. Cause screw this nonsense. This is BEYOND the pale at this point.
  6. Smallhands Elder

How many times is this GD server going to crash each week???
  7. Taor New Member

I'm tired of repeating the same exp grind and epic quest steps. I'd really like to not have to sit at the bottom of the **** ocean for another hour...
  8. feigntrain Elder

No one said they want the servers down. They said devs don't care.
  9. feigntrain Elder

So people aren't supposed to say anything unless they're going to solve the problem? Tell me what I can say to solve the problem then guy.
    Xanathol likes this.
  10. Smallhands Elder

By the time they fix this GD server, the lockout event will be over.
  11. Zoshiro New Member

Funny, I figured if I waited till after the server crashed, I would be good to play with...with no rollback. Wrong! Down again! It is downright insulting to take our money and expect us to have this kind of service.
  12. Ledgin410 New Member

Nope, i think you missed the jist of the post, it was a series. You're allowed to say whatever you want about the servers being down and no matter what, I'll be more frustrated with dbg than I will with you.
  13. Bot spotter Journeyman

I don't know if the warping or MacaroniQuest2 puts any stress on the server, but I am sure that having 400+ extra toons that never log off and keep their own private picks open, on top of being a popular server with plenty of real people, doesn't help. The server cannot handle the real people and the bots.

It's time to cut the bots loose. They are officially taking up space and denying real players access to the server.
  14. Ledgin410 New Member

^ @feigntrain
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Phinny hasn't crashed in hours. Use that free heroic and join the good server today!
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

I was just on a Plane of Water raid where the server crashed and all of our loot was gone. To be honest, I was a little happy, since it was a Plane of Water raid, but that just deferred having to do a Plane of Water raid. Now we have a lockout.

Then the server came back up, and I went soloing for two hours, for the server to crash again and everything I did was gone. So now I'm not playing anymore tonight, because I don't know how I'd respond if the server had another rollback.
  17. Herf Augur

With the ongoing efforts to produce one expat a year (which I don't buy unless there's a particularly compelling bag/illusion combine useable on locked TLPs, so, never.) there's apparently not enough money left over to hire devs to do support rather than new development. "Ship it!" rather than "Support it!" seems to be the directive from Corporate on high.

The devs, even senior devs, have very little say. Particularly at game companies, where the producers make the decisions and the devs get stuck implementing them. I've seen this first hand at a very large game company, and a very small game company where I've worked.

The latter: the (mobile) game implemented a feature so that each time you died, you were at a greater disadvantage when you respawned to try again. This feature meant that you either stopped playing the game for an hour or three after failing a couple of times, orrrrr, you bought some token using a micro transaction to essentially take away the disadvantage immediately. I asked the senior dev "who came up with this idea of incentivizing players to NOT play our game?" and he said he had no control over it. Senior producers made the decision...presumably to sell more micro transactions. That company ran out of money and got bought up, existing only as a brand now.
  18. Moforyguy12345 Augur

No new TLP but you want us to start up on MANGLER and get rerolled every couple hours/days. I think we seeing a change of the guard. We hoped it'd get better.
  19. Ailwin New Member

Yeah this is kind of getting old fast. I tried to start the wizard epic last night and one of the first NPCs you have to talk to spawns 36-72 hours after server comes up. So if the server is crashing every day the NPC should probably never spawn. I'd like to believe the server crashing is unexpected for Darkpaw but between spawn times for NPCs, raid lockouts, rollbacks and everything else that is negatively effected by server crashes, increasing spawn times for rare jobs and decreasing lockout timers for dzs isn't enough since the player base runs the risk of losing it or making things worse