A Formal Dinner Party

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dwimmerlaike, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Still scales to 115. The Overseer was nerfed. I don't want a heroic toon. Yay, anniversary? o_O
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cadira like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Should be fixed in April. No word if the quests will be extended to make up for it but based on the past, I do not expect that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Szilent like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Never any harm in asking though :)
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Reality sucks, but there is only so many hours in a day. I was already working overtime fixing other things that were deemed more critical, and didn't manage to get the change in.
  5. Chopin.Xegony Augur

So will the time period we have to complete this quest be extended due to the bug on your guys end impacting the content?
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

It would be nice if they extended anniversary by another week due to all the mishaps and the huge nerf to Overseer ..
    or tak on another week of XP bonus ..
    comon DP .
    so far this anniversary is nothing to look forward to .. accept doing the tasks that actually give a useful item ..
    if it were not for the free heroic's for subbed members I would not have sub'd 4 accounts.. but you can bet i'll be letting those subs run out .. paid for via krono purchased by farming / baz selling in game so no actual R/L cost to me :p
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Now that the studios have been split to focus on their specific games...couldn't you just switch to Norrathian time internally? These people have taken Earth time off from work to play this game. How much more critical can it get? :rolleyes:
  8. Bobokin Augur

If they scale old zones, could they scale Rogues, Rangers, and Zerkers, so they can actually use their abilities on mobs with higher levels?
  9. Sonus New Member

Why scale???
  10. Prathun Developer

This opens up the content to more players. When the Dinner Party released, you could be level 70-110 and it would scale the difficulty of the NPCs to the level of the max level player in the zone. At level 115 it still scales the difficulty, but we've determined that it's better, for a variety of reasons, to cap the scaling at whatever the max player level was when the content released.
    This mission will stop scaling at 110 after the change, which should go in for the April update.
    Gyurika Godofwar, code-zero and Duder like this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

But but I like to wade in and wafflestomp my way through a quest!
  12. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

it scales to 115... but the mob difficulty is still like, nothing. whiners going to whine.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  13. Daedly Augur

The better option, is to provide the choice at request on if they scale of not.
  14. Jaxxer Journeyman

I think it’s fair to stop scaling the difficulty at the same time the rewards stop scaling. Content should never increase in difficulty without increasing in reward.
  15. Janr New Member

”This opens up the content to more players.”

While this idea seems logical and would be the correct way to do it for most games, everquest is a different beast. There is a large portion of the population that cannot beat content until it is a few xpacs old. What this means for these players is that they will never be able to do these events if they scale. With that being said, while the mobs at thr formal dinner party are yellow to a 115 in many cases, they dont hit as hard as mobs in TOV. Their HP is about the same but they are similar to ROS in the damage they do. There are two areas thst are difficult.. the library and the ritual areas. All you have to do is figure out how to split/cc them and this mission is doable, but i do understand why people dont like the scaling. Its good you are changing it
    Vumad likes this.
  16. Nadisia Augur

I won't say whiners, but yes, frankly, the difficulty is ok, even at 115, and even with characters in group gear.
    I don't raid anymore, my stuff is really average, and I've completed this mission multiple times, with different group setups, even with mercs.
    The common denominator was my SK.

The only difficulty in this mission is ... the funky aggro, often through the closed doors and walls, but with a decent puller, as long as you don't train the whole library, it's fine. :p

It can be long sometimes, but in my humble opinion, it's not too hard.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Could you state which quests in the game scale, and if all of them will scale to the max level when the quest was released beginning in April, please?

I try to record this stuff for the wiki so if someone asks in the future they can be directed to the answer.

Thank you.
  18. Buri Augur

I like it scaled up.. mo' XP!
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not really. We did Formal Dinner Party last night and my toons were only getting an AA every 7 or 8 kills (may have even been worse than that).

The mob levels got scaled up, but not mob power or xp. Which means the scaling was pointless.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  20. Prathun Developer

This isn't feasible on our end. Hypothetically, if we could and did do this for the Dinner Party, it would have been a non-scaling mission tuned for level 110 or a scaling mission that scaled from level 70 to 110. Picking the non-scaling mission below max level would probably not be a good choice.
    Daedly likes this.