Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Definitely understandable.
  2. Prathun Developer

We have confirmed.
    The unlock date and time for the ToV Tier 3 raids should be April 16th at 9am Pacific.
    svann, Jhenna_BB, Thunderkiks and 4 others like this.
  3. kizant Augur

Confirmation acknowledged.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

2020?
  5. Allayna Augur

Aaaaaaaand it’s mid day on a week day. Fail.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I love the use of “should”. How carved in stone is this? Man a weekend would have been ideal!
  7. Magickon Augur

So is it socially acceptable to express dissatisfaction at darkpaw yet, or are we still pretending that we are not their customers?
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

Yes.
  9. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I think it is almost the right call by them. It gives them two workdays to troubleshoot any problems. I imagine there are going to be more than the normal set of challenges associated with working remotely without their normal compliment of tools. Personally, if I was in control of scheduling I would have done it at the same time, but on a Tuesday to give them four days to workout glitches. Either way, hopefully in the future we don't see this staggered release again.
  11. Prathun Developer

The way the unlock requirements works, it's a multiple of 30 days after the launch of the expansion. Tier 1 unlocked 30 days after launch, Tier 2 unlocked 60 days after launch, due to a bug Tier 3 would have unlocked 91 days after launch. We pushed Tier 3 back to 120 days after launch.
    We don't currently have a more granular system that would allow us to pick the day of the week. We agree that it would be nice to have a more flexible system for the future.
  12. Allayna Augur

So. TBL > ROS > EOK > TBM > TDS ...etc didn’t unlock with this inflexible system (a time locked progression, if you will).

Since we know there is a more flexible system.

A few suggestions for the future:

I’m not totally opposed to a delayed 30 day launch of the 1st raids, I get it.
    Require group progression to request the raids, since all guilds would have 30 days to complete this.
    Put the lockouts on a 6 day 18 hour lockout timer and have the next tier unlock after 4 (or 5) cycles, or keys, only require that the raid requester have 4 or 5 keys in order to request the raid.
    The change to lockout timers and the flag return would eliminate the failed experiment of turning live into TLP.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I could be wrong, but I think those expansions launched with the same inflexible system that was hid from everyone by a flagging requirement. I would imagine that staggered released expansion (RoF and CotF for example) used the same format they are using now.
  14. ArtremasEQ Augur

9AM PDT or PST ? (UTC-7 or UTC-8)

I assume PDT / UTC-7 as that is the Timezone you are currently in, but just want to be crystal clear.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I think this is a poor idea. While it makes riding lockouts on different days difficult and would prevent the need for those playing in the race at expansion launch to raid odd days.
    It would cause issues for guilds that don't always beat things right away.

Say you raid sunday/monday normally. If you fail to beat it on sunday, but do manage to beat it on monday, you cannot even try it again until monday.
    So if again, you fail to beat it, you don't get the 2nd day in your schedule to even try it.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

PDT
  17. Zunnoab Augur

In hindsight my past comments were a bit too reactionary. It's impossible to please everyone, and I've been convinced the amount of people relying on an exact known time frame makes this decision much harder than I had initially realized. I still sympathize with everyone annoyed by it and understand the feeling (especially considering I shared that feeling at first), but I now have a "there was no good solution, so they had to decide what seemed best" stance.
  18. Chopin.Xegony Augur

So is the 'should' you slipped in there your guys way of saying it may not unlock on time and you all will push it back ANOTHER 30 days?
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Could you use the event timer?

I'm sure I read somewhere you mentioned you could pick which day and times things happen. :)

Looking forward to atempting T3 raids on Sunday 19th April. :)
  20. Prathun Developer

The 'should' is my way of saying that there are forces in the universe outside of my control.
    We are reasonably certain that the Tier 3 raids will unlock on April 16th at 9am Pacific.
    Skuz, Zunnoab and eepok like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.