huge loading times /lag since server move Antonius Bayle

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by daBlubb, Mar 23, 2020.

1. daBlubb Elder

Hello all,

since the server move i have huge loading during european prime time playing on AB.
    In the morning when the server is empty, my zoning time to guild hall is around 20 secs, during prime time around 12 minutes.
    Buttons i klick during raid dont work, etc.
    The problems startet after the Server was moved to the new datacenter.
    This only happens on AB. When i log into an us server my ping is worse (which is normal) but zoning times is very fast.

some additional infos:
    got 5 EQ-PC, different hardware from 2011 to 2019.
    Mix of W7P and W10P
    Different AV software, one W7 PC has no AV and windows update disabled, so thats not the reason.
    I restarted router, swaped it to a brand new one.
    dowload 107Mbit, upload 38Mbit, no errors in the log or at dsl information.
    Talked to provider. They dont find errors, did a line reset anyway. no change.
    Other online games run perfect.

So i guess its a peering problem between my provider and the destination.
    Now i could some additional infos to talk to my provider about it.

Or some other ideas which could help.

Thanks.

daBlubb
  2. Udaydar New Member

was gonna say maybe coronavirus or lot of people slowing your internet down working from home, but if other things at the same time work just fine... then don't know, maybe something about the guild hall? I remember back in the day of dial-up playing EQ sometimes running while just looking at my feet to fight the lag monster. Hope ya get it figured out.
  3. daBlubb Elder

Thanks for your good works Udaydar.

Its not only the guildhall. guildhall is just the zone that loads even longer than other zones. Its still 6 to 8 minutes zoning time to pok etc. I did some tests today. It is a peering problem of my provider.
    When i use a vpn-client and connect to a german area i have a ping of 100 instead of 40 but loading times are normal. So iam able to play that way

Which gets me to the next question: Does a VPN-Client count as 3rd-Party Software? I dont want to get into trouble.

Trying to find another internet provider meanwhile and there are not many options here 8(

daBlubb
  4. Udaydar New Member

Yeah, seen posts of IPs slowing some stuff so peeps can work from home.
  5. daBlubb Elder

yes and this ok in times of corona. there are more important things than games.

iam still happy that i can play eq again. i go via VPN to the same provider where i have the problems and iam able to play.