Overseer, waste of money.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mr Blue Sky, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ShadowMan Augur

How much effort is it to evolve these things to elite? I just don't see returning people running 5 missions every 12 hours every day for weeks to get back to sorta where they were to start. This is either here to help catch people up or its just a game within the game for the established population to gain more stuff.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I feel like they will be scaling down the Overseer XP rewards for 111-115 (scale down Level 2+ XP rewards to 1.75% max) and scaling up 85-110 XP rewards (across all levels to 8% max).

However, I like the current XP rewards for Lvl 111-115 since you lose like 0.3+ XP on death after a 96% rezz. It takes a handful of mobs just to recover that loss. Overseer mitigates the sting of ToV deaths (especially on named and raids).
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

...which is the reason for the whole second part of my post which you conveniently ignored.

Aside from being exceedingly unlikely to take 30 (2% chance) or 40 (.4% chance) tries to get the one you want, you'd have more than enough of others to trade/sell/buy the one you need.

It really comes down to how much of a giveaway they want it to be. They could give you the whole achievement if they wanted to, but presumably that is too big a reward. Being able to choose the exact collectible you want, for doing nothing more than pressing 3-4 buttons every 12 hours, still seems like too much of a reward to me, but that's a personal opinion from someone who actually collected theirs :p
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea not every server has a thriving bazaar scene. Trading for the one you can’t get won’t be feasible on many servers.

The whole system is designed to be a give away. I just think in its current status the only giveaway aspect that is actually properly tuned is the overseers minus the whole level 4 rare missions having same chance as level 1 commons to result in a collectible summoner.

The mercenary and normal EXP values are too low especially for players under 111. The Tradeskill components rewarded are fairly trivial to find in Bazaar for cheap, people coming back and wanting to work on Artisans Prize would more benefit from rare OoW/PoP type Tradeskill components. The overseer vendor should offer all old expansion group currencies similar to how legacy vendor offered all of them at the time.
  5. enclee Augur

You play too much and it's skewed your perspective on Collections as content. Your idea is bad, and you should stop trying to argue for it.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Moege Augur

/facepalm

What could have being making some money for DB is already such a disaster that people want to do charge backs, now you want to make it even less useful.

If this change is implemented there would be no reason to ever choose a collection dispenser again. The only use left for overseer will be getting some tradeskill materials that you are unwilling to go farm and the available list is not even the rarer items that you need from older expansion.

One of the reasons for the first batch of changes were that the dispenser was not intended to be sold in the bazaar. If your proposed change goes through then that ability should be bought back.

The rare collectible will still be hoarded and sold for max bazaar price, the common collectible is still available from normal kill/groundspawns. As to the random, I have had about 30 dispenser chances at 25% and I ended up with 4. So 30-40 is in the real of possibility
  7. Buri Augur

People actually spend money on this?
    eepok likes this.
  8. Nudia Augur

Some do. Depending on my goals, I'd consider a small amount. My chanter has gotten about 35% exp from it so far. I got a huge bump day one burning off his 240 leftover DBC. I only started late last week.
  9. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

472,500 tetras per elite
    157,500 tetras per rare

Or, you can get somewhere around 2 commons a day from recruit missions and critical successes, which translate into an elite every couple weeks without using tetra, but theres nothing worth buying with tetra, and the other rewards are generally worse outside maybe collection dispensers so you might as well reinvest it. If the full tradeskill mat lists ever get implemented, so you can get conflag skins, or some of the other actually hard to get pieces, or if the system is updated to actually work as a catch-up mechanic (gear? rank2/3 spells for out of era expansions? chunkier merc AA? 24+ slot heirloom notrade bags? Things people can actually use to catch up?)

This is offset by recruitment level 4 taking a few million tetras worth of agents and weeks worth of recruit missions funneled into conversions into stepping up the conversion ladder, (and I've seen all of 2 missions higher than rank 1 across many test and several live accounts despite having 3-4's on the test, and a bunch of 2's on live) and higher levels of other things (if you arent throwing money into speedups) require those rares/elites retired into skill XP.

Based on retirement xp, ranks 4+ in everything will need the equivalent of tens of millions of tetra to not just crawl along. It takes significantly more xp per level.
  10. Bealum New Member

eh , just seems like a revamped Legends of Norrath card game, ill pass
  11. Moege Augur

LoN was actually usefull and not a micromanagement clickfest
  12. Duder Augur

LoN was awesome. Overseer, not even close to LoN is awesomeness
    Aenvar and feeltheburn like this.
  13. Mr Blue Sky Elder

LoN had prizes, nimbus, mounts and clickies.
    Fully tradable cross server cards and the actual LoN game to play, with new art work, missions and raids. A big difference there.

This in terms of helping people "catch up" is useless. It is only good for exp if you start this at level 110 and higher. Then the exp is very useful. Don't bother at level 85, you will waste the exp.

Oh and if you want to pay to win nothing, it takes 27 common agents to make 1 elite agent.
    The most someone on this forum reported is 11 elites and still can't finish a quest because it requires a level 5 spy.
    So it takes 281 standard agents for 11 elites, if you wish you can buy and conversion quest them for 30000 DB cash $265+.
    However you will get duplicates and have to go through the questing and buying more agents and receive, umm well you get...spider silk anyone?
    Duder and Aenvar like this.
  14. Cidran Augur

Agreed with all of the above… Overseer is a cool feature, I'm thankful for it and I like the concept, but overall it just makes me miss LoN a lot.
    Duder likes this.