Collector's edition revivals. Returning players. Dev question.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokon, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Sokon Augur

I was glad to see the revival of the House of Thule collector's edition.

As EQ has reached a large player base over the years and gone on for so long, surely there are many a new, old or returning player that has missed out on particular expansion and special collector or premium items from those expansions when they have not been actively playing.

Question to devs. Can we anticipate to see revivals of other past expansion collector's edition or premium editions in the future?

I myself missed out on a couple of them in the past and would purchase them at full price just to get the teleportation clickies that are otherwise unavailable.
  2. Prathun Developer

This is something that we'd like to do more of when time allows.
    We were glad to be able to re-introduce the House of Thule Collector's Edition bundle along with the launch of the Miragul server.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have never missed an expansion but I can see this being great for a lot of folks.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Could you sell the Cowl of the Dreadlands Yeti? Or could we get a white Yeti illusion for a Heritage Crate? Pretty please.
  5. Froglok Augur

Well... since this topic came up, lets talk existing / regular servers! :)

Many players did not buy the bigger expansion bundles and missed out on the special extra's, and may now like to have some of those special extras.

Or... players did buy the big bundles, but some of the special extras were awarded at 1 per account, depriving their other toons of the item. Example, the Mark of Brell.

While many of these items may seem obsolete, they are actually very useful at certain times of the year when old zones become a bit more relevant... or in helping others (returning players, boxes, etc.) gte old content done and such.

So... how about selling those items in the Marketplace -> Expansions -> Expansion Extras??

For instance, it the big bundle had 4 in-game extra items, and it was $20 more, then sell those 4 items at 500 DB Cash each?
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well for the work involved the idea is for daybreak get cash for it. Not for people to spend their bonus 500 DBC on it. Doing things like this are generally going to be on a cash basis not game money.
  7. Sokon Augur

Yes definitely. I have always been a fan of anything that can bring in added revenue for the game. We wouldn't want to place each individual item on the marketplace for 500 dbcash each, then players would just buy the 1 item they cared about with free monthly dbcash and the game wouldn't get any revenue.

The premium edition thing started recently. So I could see them one day allowing the purchase of all past collectors or premium editions(considering you already own the expansion having purchased the recent expansion containing all past ones) for $30 for collectors and $60 for premium. Doing this could provide a good amount of revenue to the game.

I see players return from 1 year, 2 years, 7 years and even 10 years off. Many Everquest players don't struggle from a lack of funds, and there is an untapped potential here of many hundreds of dollars potentially per individual. For example if all collector's editions were always available to purchase, I would be buying 3 right now, at the cost of $90.

I love Everquest, and despite having just come back to playing after 3 years afk I have always maintained my subscription and believe in the continuity of the game as the gaming industry has failed to provide anything else like it, and I don't see them doing so.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.