Research - raising skill to 200

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xanbar, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Xanbar Augur

Looking for a step-by-step guide that will help me raise my research skill from 105 to 200.

Looked on EQTC but didn't find a detailed list of combines for ranges of skill levels as with other tradeskills such as tailoring.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes it is kinda hidden nn Eq Traders but its there. Go to home on EQ Traders then on the left choose recipes then on the left click on "quick trivial list" which should be under the drop down of "spell research"- its the last one on the list.

Go down the list till you find your trivial and there will be combines you can choose. or this might link you directly there : http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/recipe_quicklist.php?rsa=Spell Research&menustr=080105900000

Another write up
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Spell_Research
  3. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

There are also pinned threads on the forums for EQtraders.

On the left side click "Message Board"

Scroll almost to the bottom to see "Tradeskill Guides and UI Mod"

I usually use the 2nd pinned thread "Complete Tradeskill Guide 6.1 (Severwide Drop Edition) / Rev Apr 2009

Spell research is maybe the 11th post down. The data may look dated as it was posted back in 2009 but the path is still a great one to use to get from 1-300. T

his isn't a great resource for getting to 350 and research to 350 is particularly painful but if you're just trying to get to 200 this will get you there.

Hope this helps.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

If you're wanting to eventually hit 350, its a long process, but if you just want to power through to 200/300, you can make combat spellbooks over and over forever, or you can pull up eqtc's quick trivial list and find 'Parchment Solution' closest to your level.

On TLP's in early era's, I have no idea.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

6. Xanbar Augur

Much thanks to CatsPaws, Liin, Barraind and CrazyLarth for the quick and informative responses.

I'm all set now and good to go.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

Thanks for pointing that out Liin. I know that post looks old, but it really does still have viable paths for all tradeskills.

When it comes to getting to 350 in research, when you're ready for that, I strongly suggest just downloading the complete list, resorting by trivial and working your way up through the trivials. That's the cheapest way to do it. I just started that path tonight on a second toon tonight when Povar crashed....when I did it the first time, I think I only had to get up to rough paper to hit 350.