I know everyone loves hating on /overseer BUT=

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cimbaeth, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Cimbaeth Elder

^ The thing about the type 5 augs on the overseer vendor is that they are not prestige- so- probably very cool for ftp people.
  2. Cimbaeth Elder

I was also playing LoN when I wanted an EQ break. Some of those battles were really difficult. Somewhat annoyed that I hadn't beaten it all when it got shut down. Also as regards my original posting topic- so it looks like they did recycle LON artwork. It's still cool, some of it I haven't seen before, and I still enjoy it so - my original sentiment still stands. Also I am not gonna dig through the UIfiles.
  3. sauron3030 Elder

At level 85 I'm getting a whopping 2% exp every 12 hours for all 5 tasks! This will really help me catch up!
  4. Buri Augur

What's to hate? Overseer gives me something to do while I'm waiting for the rest of my fellowship to log in on our scheduled nights, and it provides enough exp to keep me ahead of the raid deaths. It's actually very similar to the crew missions in Star Trek Online. If you don't like it and think it's worthless, don't play it.. simple solution!
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. enclee Augur

6. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I just kind of look at it as the new /gems. The rewards seem lackluster unless you're trying to finish all the Research recipes.

Thus far I'm doing rare/epic Research tasks and still getting the same rewards as level 1. The only difference being that the missions can reward agents in addition to the tradeskill mats.

It would be much more worthwhile if:
    1. There were rarer ornament rewards (e.g., Arx Mentis stuff)
    2. There were rarer tradeskill rewards (Black Bees, Pyrilen Flame, Prestiditase, etc)

But it's honestly just free stuff at the end of the day so can't complain too much.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Was it? I suspect they got paid off for the name rights as the tipping point to shut it down instead of just letting it keep going as-is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls:_Legends

No way Bethesda could trademark 'Legends' while a competing product in the exact same market existed.
  8. Renotaki Elder

That's possible, it is an assumption on my part. Might not be true
  9. enclee Augur

Trademarking Legends is such a vague word in a card game. Bethesda isn’t going to pay them and Riot’s not going to pay them for using “Legend”.