named spawn rate in picks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gnomeboss, Mar 21, 2020.

1. gnomeboss Augur

i've seen a named spawn in a pick, so i know it's possible. but i've also been told that the rate for named in a pick is lower than a base zone. just looking for the inside scoop. tov zones, if it matters. thx info.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am usually camping stuff in tov picks have no problems getting named to spawn.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  3. Enchilada Journeyman

This is true in some zones. While in Stratos or Esianti in the base pick, the probabilty of spawns are quite high, in both zones in pick1 there is no single spawn of named for over 2h. Tested that now. While I get a baby toon equipped in base picks very fast, camping in picks beyond 0 is simply a waste of time.

They might spawn but the rarity is completely off. I am used to camp Hunter in picks to avoid the annoying bot crews but since patch something is borked.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not sure about that, I've had no issues spawning named in a pick, if anything they seem to spawn faster but that could just be the rng.
  5. Prathun Developer

Pick zones use the same spawn data as base zones. The % chance on an encounter table to spawn a rare is identical.
    Eaiana and gnomeboss like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Except when the /pick tells you it is closing, then the all spawn at once! :p

Wanders off into the corner muttering "the RNG hates me!
    eepok and Prathun like this.
  7. Duder Augur

That is not true for the center named in Mearatas. What of that?
    sauron3030 and feeltheburn like this.
  8. Prathun Developer

What's the behavior and why does it seem different in the base zone vs. a pick zone?
    Duder likes this.
  9. Cadira Augur

The dead center named that spawns on a timer and randomly selects one of the four named does not spawn at all in picks.
  10. Duder Augur

When you enter a freshly spawned pick in Mearatas, one center named will be up. Once you've killed it no center nameds will respawn again in that pick, no matter how many hours the pick is up. In fact, we liked this when leveling evolving items and forced picks open by putting alts in the base zone to force a pick so that we could have a center-named-less mearatas. But this spawning behavior allowed for the center camp in the base zone to be highly contested.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  11. sauron3030 Elder

My experience, as was alot of other people, was the same as Duder's in Mearatas
    Duder likes this.
  12. Coletricklw Journeyman

Not all instances are same as the base zone. Plane of fire, for example, never spawns the group named in a DZ. In fact, their placeholders are missing, as if removed from the spawn table.
  13. Enchilada Journeyman

I have /bugged that mearatas problem for ages. Nothing has changed. At times where the botter harrassed mearatas this was esp. annoying.
  14. svann Augur

Duder likes this.
  15. Prathun Developer

The invisible controller that manages the Mearatas rare spawns depops himself if he's not in the base zone. This may or may not be intended, but I'll have to do some digging to find out further.
    Thanks for letting us know. :)
    Yinla, Duder, Jhenna_BB and 5 others like this.
  16. Derd Augur

I'd think it was done on purpose otherwise you'd be able to spawn picks having a guaranteed named chance. That they gave us one loot piñata was probably out of the goodness of there hearts.