Increasing problems starting Trader

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aanuvane, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Aanuvane Augur

Since the last patch, I've had increasing issues with starting a trader. I am clearly on the "yellow platform" in the "Red Dragon Hall" (and usually in the exact same spot where I started the trader the last time) and I get an error message that says "To start the bazaar feature, you must be in the Red Dragon Hall (red area on the map) and standing on the yellow platform".

If I move around a couple times and keep trying or sometimes if I sit down it will finally trigger the "/trader" so that I can put my trader up. But it is annoying that I can literally camp in the same spot where I was previously in trader mode successfully and I get the error.
    eepok likes this.
  2. niente Developer

Next time this happens, when you notice the error can you take a /loc and post the exact coordinates here?

Thanks
  3. Conq Augur

I've had this issue with both /trader and /buyer modes since the current Bazaar zone started. To fix, I usually hit the End key (move down) to levitate lower and click Start once I'm as low to the ground as I can go. I keep permalev on traders/buyers because they're low levels and super encumbered with an inventory full of trader satchels. Yay for Z axis issues!
    Conq
  4. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

Can confirm lev spells will keep you from starting traders
    Aanuvane and eepok like this.
  5. smash Augur

You dont need levitation in bazaar, you can carry all you will without it effecting you.

At least was so some years ago.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

Yep. Years ago, I had someone cast Spirit of Eagle on my trader so he could run around quicker. Since then, I've dealt with Lev causing issues with not being recognized. No big deal, I though, but then I JUST remembered that it would be even better to have someone hit my trader with SELO's. Then I could dump SoE, be even faster, and launch my trader every time without issue.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Might not be all an issue of levitation. I have had this issue on and off and my trader never has any movement buffs. It just seems the axis or whatever is not quite synced up.

Just like sometimes placing an item in housing says your not synced. Simply moving a little fixes it in both cases

If devs want an easy way to see this then just go to the baz and look for vacant yellow areas - 9 times out of 10 those are vacant cause players could not set up and went to a different one.