Been home a week...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Logisticz, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Logisticz New Member

Due to this darn virus I've been home from work and could be playing EQ server. Who knows when my job will open back up... We could all be dead from this virus by the time servers release. Send TP plz n ty
  2. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I am not sure if the servers are ready. We don't really know what they have planned. But I am in a similar boat, I would love a new tlp now cuz I am super bored at home and can't get in to mangler knowing I'll be playing a new tlp asap.
  3. Zansobar Augur

Since they are in California and the whole state is now in lock down mode, I'm not sure they can even come into the office to work...hopefully all their work can be done remotely including keeping the servers running and adding new ones.
    eepok and jeskola like this.
  4. Mink Journeyman

I think its possible to keep servers / run new remotely, nothing difficult here.

Like many other players I at home too for next 3 week, will be happy to see new progression servers (especially FV TLP).

I understand them have other things to do, but why not make some VERY good money off players who want new server now?

If them afraid crashes/other problems with new servers, i think its must be no problem for all customers who join new servers, anyway its always some troubles at start.
  5. Xeris Augur

I mean we really have no idea how their studio has been impacted. For all we know their developers have all tested positive for Coronavirus and are hospitalized. We have no idea... Kinda hard to expect business as usual operations during this time. It would be nice for new TLPs to come out, but perhaps there are factors we don't understand preventing them from getting things going. Shrug.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From what I could gather the new TLP have some new not seen before features, these will take coding time to implement & was the reason they were delayed until late spring/early summer.

So, they aren't ready yet but when they are DPG will let us know, at least they let us know they would appear later this year than in prior years.

Thing to bear in mind is while we are all stuck at home so are the devs, but they aren;t magically having more hours in the day to work even while a lot of us have a lot more hours in the day to play, that and these servers were planned in prior to the pandemic sending the globe into a crisis and they would probably love to be able to bring the TLP releases forward but almost certainly cannot do so.

So all I would do is advise patience & maybe check out some of the other servers in the meantime, test server - go find some bugs, miragul - go mess with some heroics, phinigel - play with a small friendly community, etc. etc.
    dreamweaver and Kittany like this.
  7. Prathun Developer

Many were working from home starting last week, but it's everyone in Design at this point.
    We've been having our meetings virtually. I just got my webcam set up last night so people can see my scruffy mug and my wife's decor.
    It's been a little trickier to collaborate, but I think we're starting to wrap our heads and processes around the challenge.
    Gotta say though... Can't beat the commute!
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I wish all of the team the best on managing under the current circumstances, stay safe & healthy.
    Prathun likes this.
  9. Mink Journeyman

I am glad to see that DPG managed to organize work from home.
    What about the new challenge - remotely launch a new TLP this week? :)
    Prathun likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Remember to get dressed BEFORE the meeting.
    Prathun and Yinla like this.
  11. johncritons Journeyman

dont release early we dont want a rushed tlp
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Typucm Elder

Who are "we"? Players from Mangler? :)
    There is a LOT of players who want TLP as sooner as possible, because want new classic server.
    Prathun likes this.
  13. jiri_ Augur

I'm sure, but a) it's not going to happen and b) lots of those players will be complaining when things don't work perfectly after a rushed launch.
    Prathun likes this.
  14. Typucm Elder

How do you know everything in advance?

Progress does not stand still, many things that were unrealistic to do remotely are done.

2020 is now, not 1999.

About dissatisfied people, they will always be and what? The number of satisfied people, if there is a new server (especially FV) will exceed the number of dissatisfied at times more! DPG will get additional profit, instead of dubious Overseer, etc., and players really fans of classic EQ will be very grateful!
    Prathun likes this.
  15. jiri_ Augur

I guess I've just been around longer than you.

The biggest challenges the dev team faces are lack of resources and lack of time. It's highly improbable that they have enough to spare of either to move server launches up by two months.
  16. Glistarian Augur

It's sad cuz I'd start a toon on Mangler right now during lockdown if they hadn't announced a new server was coming soon. But why get invested in something I'll drop in a couple months?
  17. jiri_ Augur

No idea. I started a new character on Mangler on Sunday, and I've been having a good time. The population is reasonably healthy - I assume a crash is coming - but who knows? Maybe the new TLPs don't have broad appeal. What do you have to lose, I guess?