Overseer Changes and Refunds

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by That0neguy, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Cadira Augur

Just fyi, word has it if you play overseer long enough and level your os up in each field the rewards become huge compared to the lvl 1 stuff. It's possible that the max lvl rewards basically nullify the new nerfed cost of stuff on the vendor.

It does definitely reduce the value of agent packs in the store but if you keep playing os you'll get to about where we were in the beginning as far as reward prices etc from what I can tell.
    eepok likes this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Its undeniable that this system had a rocky launch what with the bugged success rates, changed merchant prices, collectible award rates and current expansion reward removals.

If you're upset about the McKenzie's Brews on the Selos server, tough luck. You shouldn't expect they're going to let stand people buying current expansion raid gear for daybreak bucks. This never should've existed.

If you're upset about the collectibles or tradeskill items being limited to a past expansion, I think they may flex on this slightly. I would encourage the developers to code it such that after about 6 months on live servers and 1.5-2 months on TLP servers the current expansion tradeskill and collectible rewards automatically are enabled to account for the population/activity curve slowing down at those points in the expansion and allow players to start claiming any collectibles they're missing and any tradeskill drops they are missing on the back half of each expansion.

This I feel would be a happy medium between initial launch and current iteration.

As for the collectible reward rates I think its reasonable for them to tone it down from the guaranteed chance to being a partial chance for lower tier mission. If someone who works at it can level up and regularly run several of the higher tier missions to achieve 100% collectible rate that would be a good balance. It sounds like in the next patch these missions will reward pieces of collectible claimer and you can combine 4 of them to create a full one. I hope that the higher level missions scale up and grant 2-3-4 pieces so there is an incentive to continue grinding out specific mission types if collectibles are your goal.
    Cadira likes this.
  3. Sobmre Augur

Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition. 1. Once you have their money, never give it back
  4. That0neguy Augur

Even if they upped the Tetra rewards by 10000% it still has no value for most people. There is nothing to buy of value for those tetra's anymore.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  5. Herodotus Augur

Being hopeful at times I can hope that more things will be available in the future. But the way it was rolled out and then hugely rolled back was disgraceful and amateurish. It is true that folks are stressed and stressed folks do make poor decisions at times, but the lack of review before roll-out was inexcusable in the whole.

To offer something both hopeful and perhaps helpful; Could AA experience be added as a reward?
  6. Thraine Augur

in the construction business this is called a "bait and switch"

someone baits you with a sweet product, you pay for it and they deliver something far less than advertised lol
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

I haven't touched overseer since the patch. I agree with the OP - refund or tune the nerfs back to make it a viable option in the game again.
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  8. Zarzac Augur

I purchased agents and do not want a refund.

However, it is ridiculous that you do not at a MINIMUM at least refund the DBC to those that wish to get a refund. This is dead minimum customer service and people clearly did not get what they paid for with the massive change to the system.
  9. VetMonkEq New Member

I find it absolutely disheartening that this is what we've come to with features and the darkpaw store. Leaving aside all the glaring issues with Overseers, I was *DUPED* into believing I could do a major catchup with collection items if only I purchased some overseer agents. After the *MASSIVE* nerfs only one week later, I find the entire system worthless for my intentions. All I get are just notifications, "your ornament thingy TURNS INTO DUST" every single time, RNG be damned. I'm just extremely frustrated I wasted like 2k of my store points for complete garbage.

To top off all this madness, I finished my 2nd elite overseer conversion and sure enough, I got a duplicate hero. Complete facepalm and utterly demoralizing.

@ngreth I know you didn't make these nerf decisions, but *please* convince your customer service department that refunds are absolutely warranted, and this is definitely not how you want to treat your playerbase.
  10. enclee Augur

I’d be willing to take a refund, even if it cost me a permanent ban from Overseer.
  11. That0neguy Augur

CrazyLarth likes this.
  12. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

The only thing to buy is more agents, and thats getting into a depressing cycle.

I'm buying 30+ agents a day on test, and its more or less just because theres nothing to do with them on live and because theres not really anyone else heavily testing it since the changes. .
  13. chocster Lorekeeper

I'd go on a rant about bait and switch but all it would do is echo justified points from all the posts above.
    I'd go on a rant about TOV expansion being 1/3rd released but charged full price for and half developed. (mercs are still not showing weapons BTW)
    I'd go on about a rant about game lag, changes that you made to the changes that have to be changed
    ...but it would just be a rant
    Cadira likes this.