Dz lockout timer bug

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Xeris Augur

I'm unsure if any other servers or players are experiencing this, but it's happened to a few of my guildmates on Agnarr who are receiving extra long lockouts or random dz lockouts for no apparent reason.

One of our tanks was given a 10 day lockout for potime. A few of our players had this last week and couldn't join our Time raid today as a result.

Is this just something wonky, or are others experiencing it too? Devs help. We've submitted some bug requests too.
  2. Grouchy-Phini New Member

It seems to happen if you log out inside of the DZ.
    Gaunt likes this.
  3. Xiss Journeyman

Yes, I've had this a couple of times on Mangler and last night at least three of guild got the random lockouts for time.
  4. Xiss Journeyman

edit - even the forums are buggy! Duplicate post.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes this is entirely how I've seen it running my own dzs farming things. I can have a toon on his own account, log out to loot pixels for an alt then both toons can get extended lockouts.

If you never log out you're fine, but logging out definitely does something.
  6. Xeris Augur

Interesting. This seems to be pretty recent because I don't recall this happening in the past...
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I believe OP's guild on Mangler is Europa, correct? Which has been doing Quarm splits? Could the bugged lockouts be related to dropping DZ's and being added to another, etc? Have you experienced any bugged lockouts on instances you completed entirely in one session without dropping DZ? Or only for PoTime after splits?

Edit: or actually I guess OP is from Agnarr server, so possibly just Europa linking to this post from the official discord. I am curious though if those experiencing these extended lockouts are solely from split instances like is common with PoTime.
  8. Xeris Augur

Not sure! And yea, def not doing quarm splits over here.
  9. Xiss Journeyman

I got lockout bug on Mangler, but in a fire DZ, not in time. But I do know people who got the bug in time.
  10. bigsalad Apprentice

I created a Bug Report for this issue in the appropriate forum. If you have first or second-hand experience with this issue please make a post there and/or 'like' the OP in that thread so it gets visibility/more info for devs.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

I got the bugged timer and never dropped a dz. Just swapping between 2 toons on different accounts.
  12. Ainthek New Member

This happened to me on our most recent Time clear. My internet went down mid-raid but my characters never dropped from the game. The 4 mobs that I missed have 10 day lockouts and the rest are normal.

Killed Tallon Zek - 3D:19H:32M
    Killed Vallon Zek - 3D:19H:39M
    Disconnected
    Offline for Cazic-Thule - 9D:7H:55M
    Offline for Bertoxxulous - 9D:8H:3M
    Offline for Rallos Zek - 9D:8H:15M
    Offline for Innoruuk - 9D:8H:27M
    Reconnected
    Killed Quarm - 3D:20H:42M

[IMG]
  13. Ainthek New Member

Oof, just my luck I petitioned and got the most worthless GM in the pile. Won't be getting those lockouts adjusted anytime soon. Best of luck friends, hopefully you don't lose the Woebot roulette.
  14. ImpishBeef New Member

Same story for my petition, was directed to bug report. Not a peep from devs. Who knows what the best practice is without a fix... may need to /dzkick players that get disconnected.
  15. Ainthek New Member

Pretty great how the GMs won't lift a finger to help, but they will ask you to submit their bug reports for them. "Greetings Traveler! I couldn't even be bothered to read your petition and have no intention of helping you, but before you go..."
  16. ImpishBeef New Member

all of this right before a 50% reduction, so we're stuck with 11 day lockouts while everyone else gets 3 day... GG
  17. Ainthek New Member

Right? But on the plus side our POS server will crash at least once a day, so everyone else will also suffer a few lost lockouts before the week is done.
    HoodenShuklak and Herf like this.
  18. Herf Augur

We had several people bugged in our Time raid on either Sunday or Tuesday, can't remember which.
    bigsalad likes this.
  19. bigsalad Apprentice

20. Relentless Insomnia

Of course this is happening to people in a lot of guilds right during a reduced lockout time.

RIP