[Feedback] Overseer Tuning 2.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Sebbish New Member

While Overseer is designed as a help to gain ground, it is possible to make 4% or more XP per 24hrs base. With (Finish Now) it becomes Pay to Win and I would like to see a limit of say 5 per day/account.
    The well funded can still progress faster and increase revenues, but, not overwhelm standard play so much.
  2. Sebbish New Member

Regarding - Collection Item Dispenser- maybe make them 24 hr quest instead of 12 hrs.
  3. Baldur Augur

Does anyone know what a crit failure does? It doesn't seem to do anything extra when I get one.

Does it increase the chance an agent gets incapacitated?

It's one of the issues I have with Overseer, there's nothing really explaining it, the tutorial doesn't do a great job explaining everything. Let's say that a new or returning player logs in, claims their free heroic, enters world, how do they even know to bring up the overseer window at all?
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I would love a phone app. But I think it would need a way to support multiple accounts or quickly switch between accounts since it is well know that many of us own multiple accounts.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would imagine the problem with that would be claiming the rewards like mercenary and regular exp. I would also imagine if it went to being an app it would be per account instead of per server, they would also have no way of checking if you were using a level 85 char.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're right about pay to win with regard to exp.

But I say, more power to them. If someone wants to waste that much money on "free" exp, I'd rather they do that and fund DPG than spending the same amount on some PLer doing RMT.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You get more EXP killing a white con mob then choosing Character EXP as an option. I dont see that as pay to win at all. That's more like parting a fool from his money.

Also incapacitation is a built in check to stop someone from pushing Buy Now 50 times in an hour. Unless they are buying $90 Agent packs and refreshing teh agent pool. Then again they are idiots and funding EQ so we can all play.
    Coagagin likes this.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Sadly, that isn't true in ToV.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Overseer XP rewards are still all over the place in terms of actual XP vs quest text XP, from ~20% to 150%

Most recent rewards:

.28% printed gave me .413% twice
    and
    .9% printed gave .238%
  10. That0neguy Augur

Don't worry. I am sure the ones giving more is a bug. The ones giving less are working as intended.
  11. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Finally got a level 2 recruit quest (with 4 or 5 accounts on recruit 4 now).

Recruit Equistrelle. A 48 hour version of the tutorial quest for an iconic uncommon you're guaranteed to have.

I guess its a free 1/3 rare?
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

Definitely not true.

My mage at 114 killing in EW dwarves which were white cones in a group of 3 players with 3 mercs was getting 0.1% per kill with LOTD. Overseer was getting her 2-3% per night just claiming the XP option on 3-5 mission wins. That works out to 30-60 minutes of play (depending on LOTD) i get back every night.

My mage was at 85% into 114 when overseer launched. By the end of the week, she was at 97%. I XP'ed her for 4% to ding and get a 0.6% buffer, but otherwise she's now 6% into the level on 90% AA because overseer is doing the XP grunt work.

The best part about overseer is I can 100% AA XP and get back all of my raid deaths with overseer, with some extra room to claim the collection mission wins.

Considering so much of the game is AA dependent now, the fact that you can get your XP from Overseer is not all the impactful. Maybe so much of the XP coming from completing missions in ToV was a factor of the overseer plan?
  13. Baldur Augur

What happens if you get duplicates of an elite iconic agent?

You can't trade them in for another elite in the rare conversion quest, so you're just SoL I guess?

You really should be able to convert them to another elite in the rare conversion quest, seems like an over site.
  14. Riou EQResource

Retire them and get EXP and/or 2 of the lower quality agents iirc
    Coagagin likes this.
  15. Baldur Augur

Ok, I see the Retire button now, what does it do exactly, give you 2 lower quality agents?

I have to say, there's so much with Overseer that isn't explained. They should have done a web page wiki thing explaining it in detail.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

2 lower quality agents or a decent chunk of skill XP to the category of your choice.

It is seemingly the intended way to push higher ranks.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

making things have "perceived value" is ridiculous. they have a set value already.. if you don't like that value, then raise it on the original source. it takes a certain amount of time to acquire these items and currency is obtained as a certain rate when you're at the 'end game' for overseer... this is not rocket surgery to figure out what an appropriate price is.

trying to take 'pay to win' into consideration for how quickly you can earn currency is ridiculous as well. you put pay to win into it, so let them pay to win. if you want to balance that, make it cost more.... it's your money grab, so just grab the money and say thank you.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Having spent more time with the system I have not found this to be accurate.

At the time of my original post I was still level 1 in Diplomacy, Trade and Exploration, the types that award collectible selector items. As of today I am level 3 in those three types and have done numerous Common, Uncommon and Rare missions from these categories. Every single one of them has the reward being the same 25% chance of the collectible at the end.

Perhaps this functionality in the 3D curve is broken when calculating this currently?

Also after spending more time with this system I've found that the number of missions you are offered every 12 hour cycle seems on the low end. It would be a lot nicer if we had more options from each cycle, something like double the current number we are given. As it stands I've found that leveling a few different types gets you into a situation where you cannot actually do about half of the missions you are given because you don't have multiple agents of different tiers. This is especially true after you get into the missions that require multiple agents.

Lastly, I know development is probably on a slow down right now but adding in the additional tradeskill rewards mentioned in the first post I think would be a great addition to the current system! I know this is likely quite time intensive but hearing a "we are looking to add older tradeskill reward options in the future/soon(TM)" would be great!
  19. Greymantle Augur

Any chance on getting the foraged items from LDON's added as a reward?
  20. Ranonman Elder

Can I suggest to add an option to /output for listing all the agents you have currently?

/output agents