It's hard to check success rate on item collection

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tumbler, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Tumbler Lorekeeper

It appears to me that I ALWAYS fail on the Overseer item collection. It's really the ONLY thing that I would use this system for as the tradeskill items are WORTHLESS(1 item for old content that I can AOE)

With that being said the 25% and 50% chance is hard to track because there is NO statistic tracking to see if it actually is 25% or 50%. I just get this stupid message saying that I failed.

Now I'm sure that someone out there has been successful in obtaining this item. However; I'm tired of PAYING MONEY for a finish now button where I don't get ANYTHING back. 25% chance is piss poor and at least should be tracked. I'm sure that I have had just a bad case of the randoms. I'm to the point where I want to take my computer and smash it against the wall when it comes to overseer. The problem is that the stores are all closed and trying to find one open to replace it would be an issue.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Overall success rate seems to be in line (running it on 5 accounts, so like 15 or so collect missions per round). But I do question of the "critical success" doubling of the chance to 50% is really working, as I've seen no difference between 25% and 50% tries, though only 13 or so of the criticals so far, so within chance of just being bad luck.
  3. Kiizze New Member

1 account - 3 critical successes and 1 success - bad luck on all of them - the success rate is too low on the criticals
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Here are my stats so far across 3 accounts, quests started after the patch, all collectible quests:

26 successes
    0 failures
    6 critical successes

22 crumbles
    4 dispensers (3 came off of crits)

I finished no quests early (they're not getting another dime from me on Overseer)
    Moege likes this.
  5. Sebbish New Member

First point I see is that- Finish Now- is basically Pay to Win- as it is possible to make a base of some 4% XP in 24 hrs, and with buying finish, means a level in a day or so. For those of us who want a collectible, compensation of tetradrachm means nothing. I would suggest two things - one- limit account finish early to 5 per day (can still make a lot of XP), and two -check on the success of collectible reward and in a week or so if the return is bad as i suspect, up the chance to 37% base and 70% for crit.
  6. Yara_AB Augur

You will want to check this:

7. Mazame Augur

I would agree the 25% sucks Most of these missions are 12 hour 5 collection items in 12 hours is by no means game breaking. they should put it back the way it was at 100%. Or at the very least it should be 50%/100% not the 25%/50%..

I not going to pay 200K pp for a collection item. and spending 12 hours in a zone farming I can finish off a set so again I see no reason as to why the drop rate on these was tunes way down.
  8. Duder Augur

In the update addressing these changes this was said:

It's interesting that economic instability within the game was the cited reasoning behind the change when they have put forth no measures to combat /\/\Q traders that destroy the value on items very quickly and squash any sort of fair competition by rapidly undercutting any new items placed on the market in the bazaar with automated scripts. I won't even sell collection items any more because I have found that collection items are the most commonly sold item by /\/\Q traders and it is impossible to keep up with their scripts, even if you match their price they undercut. With the ability to see the ground spawns on the map as well as bot farming, it is no surprise that the cheaters have greater access to the collection items and profit from players that aren't cheating. In my opinion, the change to the overseer collection tasks and dispensers only further hurt the legitimate player.

enclee and Lannin like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Maybe if they didn't make some of those collectibles so damn rare, they wouldn't have to worry about the f'ing profit margins of those bot/script traders.
  10. enclee Augur

A few collections every 12 hours is just too game imbalancing, lol. I mean how is the server supposed to handle all that achievement spam?
  11. Baldur Augur

Ngreth has said the chance does go up as you level those quest types (exploration, trade, diplomacy) and it does go up to 100% (not sure if that's only with a crit success or not though).

So keep leveling those quest types, and when you get to level 5 quests and fail all the time then complain.
  12. enclee Augur

You can still complain that a 25% success rate is too low. So, how’s the system supposed to help people catch up? I don’t get who this thing is designed to satisfy.
  13. Duder Augur

Ngreth has said there will be another change where it will award fragments and then 4 fragments = 1 dispenser. Which I still feel is far too low. Especially with them not being tradeable, not being able to get 2 from 1 mission, etc. The community encouraging factor of the dispensers not being tradeable is a good idea but more discouraging than beneficial. Whereas, your friends will be able to help you, you just need to tell them what to pick from the dispenser. Which is kinda the same thing as it being tradeable. But before the patch I was just giving them to the friends I knew that were working on collections. Now they tell me what to get them. It has made the process clunkier and slower and less desirable for me to help others because it's now costing me more time/effort than I want to devote.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...erseer-collection-bugged.264204/#post-3883603
  14. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I was under the impression that your LUCK stat would affect the success, BUT after 50/50 fails/success in getting the dispensers across 6 accounts. I noticed an 85 rogue I made with the free heroic ( No +Luck items) has a huge success rate with the collection dispensers, so I tend to log him in when claiming the dispensers. Its just really random I guess, my characters that actually have +luck items aren't as "lucky" as my rogue.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

luck doesn't touch scripts... and the dispenser roll in in a script. And the only "item" thing luck affects is Plat drops.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I got to level 2 in Exploration and found that both the level 2 exploration tasks I was offered also are granting 25% collection item.

I was hoping that higher level or higher tier would grant increased collection chance (or after the patch additional "pieces"). Perhaps it does but it doesn't look like Uncommon/Rare level 1s or Common level 2s give that increased chance.
  17. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Even after the adjustment to Overseer, I'm still constantly running the 5/5 quest across 6 accounts and overall I'm still loving it. I just keep running 3 out 5 tasks for collection dispensers and I have to say its paying off nicely.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Forage and fishing as well iirc
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

I keep Overseer running 5/5 on all 3 of my accounts...either Trade, Diplomacy, Exploration or recruitment tasks. ALL of the other tasks are absolutely pointless, at least to me.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It just seems weird that a Level 2 Elite Exploration task which requires a Level 4 Explorer AND Level 4 Soldier agent (Elite missions have two ! slots that are required sometimes), has the same chance as a Level 1 Common Exploration task which requires a single level 1 common explorer agent.

It should be scaling up the chance for the collection item dispenser or in the future the fragments, based on either level or tier or both.

I think a most logical way to handle the Explorer/Trade/Diplomacy missions would be an additive factor based on level and tier.
    • +12.5% / 1 Fragment - common
    • +25% / 2 Fragment - uncommon
    • +37.5% / 3 Fragment - rare
    • +50% / 4 Fragment - elite
    • +12.5% / 1 Fragment - level 1
    • +25% / 2 Fragment - level 2
    • +37.5% / 3 Fragment - level 3
    • +50% / 4 Fragment - level 4
    So a Common Level 1 would be 25% chance or 2/8 fragments. A Rare level 2 would be 62.5% or 5/8 fragments. An elite level 4 would be 100% or 8/8 fragments.

Personally I don't have much desire for many of the other rewards available from the current system (EXP/Merc AA/Ornaments/Modern tradeskill components), but I do have some use for collectibles. But as it stands I don't really gain anything from leveling up or trying harder missions. If the main component of value is equally rare from the most common/easy missions as it is from the hardest/rarest missions, there's no real incentive to level it up.