Druid / Shaman in combat Rez

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Runzen, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Runzen Elder

So playing an alt druid and a main shaman we are not able to rez in combat with our aa rez ? but pallys can? an they have the rez stick? think its time to do away with the out of combat stuff an just let us rez like the rest.

Yes I have the rez stick on both toons, yeah I can call someone, which only causes more work later. just let us rez in combat already!
    Syylke_EMarr, Skuz, Mazame and 10 others like this.
  2. Kissia New Member

Agreed!!!!!
    Runzen likes this.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Could not agree more.

Necro convergance AA is a 40 second refresh with a 96% res effect, assuming they have the (TBM era) aa maxed out. Which at this stage, of course they do....

Sure, it has an essence emerald component...but that's nothing more than a minor inconvenience at this point.

PS, if pointing this out gets the convergance AA nerfed...I'll laugh all the way on my way out of this game. There's been too many reasons to stop giving you any more money lately...
    Runzen likes this.
  4. Vyne New Member

I had always played a cleric until recently and remember when they allowed others to resurrect. We were up in arms when they gave one of our few abilities to others. So, the reasoning behind the no in combat resurrections for Druids and Shamans or the not the same percentage resurrection for Paladins or the have to sacrifice to resurrect for Necromancers made sense. I'm sure there were other reasons why they did it that way. Role playing being one I can think of.

We have so many options now for resurrecting in combat that no one class cares what other classes can do. So, keeping the priests other than clerics from giving a 96% resurrection in combat is a limitation that no longer makes sense. The irritation factor is far greater than any out dated reasoning for this :)

Now if this is a money making scheme, you are doing things right by making people purchase resurrection tokens. Believe me, they will still purchase them even if you allow us to resurrect in combat lol
    Skuz and Runzen like this.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

As a paladin with his rez stick, I'm behind this 100%... even if I box a Shaman, Druid and Cleric... I get it... Make this a even playing field for all rezzing classes!
  6. Nylrem Augur

Could not agree more.

With the xp decrease, is still far too many that get quite irritated at 90% rezes in combat.

If a necro can 96% rez in combat, all priests, and paladins, should be able to...
  7. Mazame Augur

At this point a Res token lets anyone in combat res 96%. So I would agree what is the Point to not upgrading the druid and shammy res?

I would even take it one step father. Res spells have been around for years when is the last time they where upgraded? I not talking about 100% res as i know that a cleric thing. What I would ask is why can't we have Cleric, Druid , and Sham all have a new Res

96% in combat res with say 30% mana / End refill.

Between coin / merc everyone under the sun is resing these days lets give the Healer classes a leg up and make their res special again ..
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rolaque Ancient

The present set up is fine with me. It's not broken, and there is no legitimate reason to change it. Call will always be a faster casting, better solution in combat than a slow casting 96% rez. If I have time to use a slow casting rez spell or token, then there really is no urgency to getting that person back in the fight.

Plus, if you give druids a combat 96% rez, then it only serves to reinforce the mistaken impression that druids have no business doing dps, and should stick to only healing.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like this idea.
  10. shiftie Augur

Clerics and paladins were the only rez classes that’s why we got a watered down version for so many years. A priest class doesn’t = Rez just like clerics can’t dps, port etc
    Annastasya, Thancra and Pano like this.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Welcome to 2005? Cause I'm sure those clerics and paladins are asking their druids for ports instead of using those expansion clickies … right?

At the bare minimum, Call of the Wild should be reduced to a 10 second timer (Blessing of Res is 9 s) so that Druids and Shamans can get folks up quickly without the silly need of a 10 expansion old click while in combat.

The change in resurrection effects recently indicate the devs have changed their thinking on the punishment of death. And the new method of dealing out xp can prove cumbersome for those who raid on back-to-back nights to come up with xp/aas. It's high time that all priest classes be able to get folks back in the game playing as soon as possible without drastic xp loss (and yes, losing 6 percent per on a rough night of raids is noticeable).
  12. shiftie Augur

The op could have made his request without naming paladins. If he wants to point out paladin Rez I’m completely fine to point out the history. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant.

You can rez in combat with call if they were smart everyone would take call instead of rez for the night of raiding up until the corpses are going to poof and use the recently handed out veteran aa for no xp loss.

But I’ll trade you take in combat rez and give clerics and paladins call.
    Thancra likes this.
  13. Szilent Augur

Clerics have Call. they don't use it because Calling sucks. leaving corpse clutter is way detrimental
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Pano Augur

Invis.
    Annastasya likes this.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

There's no reason anymore to not give Druids/Shamans an in-combat rez.
  16. Duder Augur

Even if SHM rez (in its current form) could be cast in combat, I still would click stick you because the cast time on Rejuvenation of Spirits is way too long to be practical in a raid setting.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Just make a new staff of forbidden rites and give it 96% rez with 1 second cast time and 30 second reuse.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Honestly, it's been ~140 EQ years since Druids/Shamans got Rejuvenation of Spirit. It's well within reason that someone might have made some advancements in their resurrection technology :p
    Duder likes this.
  19. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Make it happen!
    Duder likes this.