Not A Bug Spell Issue for Heroic Character Upgrade to Existing Character

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by enclee, Mar 20, 2020.

1. enclee Augur

Updated two of my characters Mage and Enchanter both 115 on FV with the free heroic character and they're 85 and lower spells did not upgrade to Rank 3 versions.
  2. Derd Augur

Cause they don't, why would you think they should? Its not a raid upgrade.
  3. enclee Augur

Heroic characters use rank 3 versions of spells 85 and lower. Non-sarcastically, please point me to the source of information regarding the rules with heroic tokens on existing characters.
  4. smash Augur

There nothing spells getting upgraded, none whatsoever
  5. Derd Augur

Confusing heroic and merc? Have lots of heroics, all start with rank 1 spells.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. enclee Augur

No, I have a different heroic mage that was heroic from the start that has rank 3 spells 85 and lower in their spell book. Character was created with a store bought heroic token 4/7/2018.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Heroic is heroic - they all come with the same goodies. The only difference it the ability to remake it. Unless your talking about the one from 2008 - and that one is just a rumor that it exists.

Even if your F2P you get all the AA over the 250/1000 cap but you don't get Raid RK III spells. This is an older guide but it does list rank II:
    http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/heroic-characters/

If we did get rank III there would be tons of people going heroic just to get those raid spells.
  8. enclee Augur

Heroic characters didn’t exist in 2008. I guess I had the wrong impression from the token I bought last year, because the other mage I have definitely has all the ranks 71-85.

I just assumed they all would have the rank 3 versions. I wonder when they made the change or why my mage is different.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

Mage was used to raid and had rank 3 before the heroic character was applied? Or after? Anyone have access to the account that would have run raid spells on it?
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Never had any heroic I made come equipped with rank III, only ever seen them have rank II, and I made one of every single class on live, the Berserker I Heroic'd (80 to 85) had some rank III 80 & lower combat abilities from previously being a raiding Main & kept those.

Sounds like you made an incorrect assumption based on faulty memory.
  11. Prathun Developer

The Heroic Character setup script uses spell scribe functionality to add spells to the character.
    Spells need to have the ALLOW_SPELLSCRIBE flag set to a non-zero value in order for them to be added. No Rank III spells have the ALLOW_SPELLSCRIBE flag set. This appears to be working as intended.
  12. enclee Augur

Nope, the mage was created off a store bought Heroic Token April 7, 2018. I'm the only one with access, and I've never taken the mage on a raid except for just doing Anguish.

It's not faulty memory, it was my only heroic character I had purchased. I log in on that mage every day, and cast Arcane Distillect Rk III. Also, any I can load up any other rank 3 spell between 71-85.

Thanks, it just makes this case even more curious. Was there some sort of promo thing for the anniversary stuff in 2018?