EXP Issues after patch?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TheTone, Mar 18, 2020.

1. TheTone Elder

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue - but my characters are getting wildly different exp per kill. They are:
    • Both Level 110
    • Both Dark Elves
    • Both have exp set to 100% AA exp
    • Neither in a fellowship
    • No EXP potions running
    • Same Group
    The only difference is that my SK has about 25k AA and my mage only has 20k AA. The AA exp amounts are like this, from my last 6 kills:
    Mage AA/Kill = 0.57 [] 1.15 [] 1.10 [] 1.15 [] 0.70 [] 0.69
    SK AA/Kill = 0.32 [] 0.65 [] 0.62 [] 0.65 [] 0.38 [] 0.40
    The Mage always gets roughly 1.75x the amount of AA exp - for the same kill - in the same group.

I should also note that this wasn't happening yesterday - only today, after the patch. I didn't pay any attention this morning before that patch went out.

Any ideas...am I missing something?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

What zone? And did you change zones from yesterday?

There's a "bug" where the puller in a group in at least EoK and RoS zones becomes immune to the downgraded xp that happens.
  3. TheTone Elder

Interesting - Frontier Mountains - same zone as yesterday.

So, the first person to engage gets more EXP?
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

In certain zones in older content.

FM happens to be the prime exmple of a "puller gets more xp" zone. It's VERY easy to notice in that zone.
  5. Absolutt Journeyman

My DE SK is just like this, he takes FOREVER to level, I grinded a RAF Shaman from 111-115 and beat the SK who only needed 40% of 114.
  6. Bobokin Augur

Is Darkpaw messing with the experience in older zones?
  7. smash Augur

This is the old thing about pullers getting more xp than the other in group(when they near).
    This is NOT something happened today, been like that for long time.
  8. Jalelorf Augur

The puller has been getting far more experience than the rest of the group for several expansions now. Its would be amazing if the devs did not know this by now or they would have adjusted it to distribute exp to the entire group properly.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

But I think it only applies to previous expansions, not whatever the current expansion is. Granted, the xp in ToV is so horrid, people probably couldn't tell if they puller was getting a boost or not. :D