[Feedback] Overseer Tuning 2.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I've seen level 2 and Level 3 quests on Live fwiw.
    Kuvani and Yinla like this.
  2. Cadira Augur

So clarify for me, somebody:

The higher overseer level you have (in stats page) for a particular mission type (let's say trader missions) means you are more likely to receive uncommon, rare, elite trader missions and also receive better rewards (more currency. 50, 75% chance at collection dispenser not Rick rolling you etc)? Or is it just one or the other?

I guess I'm asking what your overseer level means\does
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Excellent Original Post & a very reasonable post by Ngreth in response.

Can see why they think the res token are under priced on loyalty vendor, I'd personally like to see the perfected augment distillers on the Overseer vendor to give me an addition option for those.
  4. Cimbaeth Elder

I appreciate that Ngreth is actually discussing the finer points of tuning. The OP obviously put some deep thought into his post, frankly, more than I am capable of imho. I still have misgivings about the Overseer system rewards as it is, but I will complain less and just watch you guys discuss. I love the fragments of alaran history as a reward idea.
    Skuz and Greymantle like this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

(Quoted one. A few people have a similar question)
    There are 3 vectors.
    Commonality, (Easy, Common, Uncommon, Rare, Elite)
    Time (3,6,12,24,36)
    "level" 1-5. This is based on the player's level in each category.

Unfortunately, I do not know how the quests you are given relate to that. That is the responsibility of another designer and I've been so heads down if the part I'm doing that I haven't had time to research that part.
    Skuz and Cadira like this.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

From what I can tell, and this is total conjecture, Your Overseer level in each category will directly impact the level of the quests available to you. When I hit level 2 research ALL my research quests became level 2 from there on in, and when I hit level 3 the same was true. I can't say whether that is true globally of the rest, as I only this morning hit level 2 on Stealth/Trade. Commonality seems more or less random, though after converting up to a handful of rares I've received rare quests every reset, I hadn't seen any prior. I've been able to complete every single active quest offered throughout, I didn't see my first Elite quest until I converted an Elite (I think I've seen others say they had one available without having an elite agent). I was also seeing more uncommon quests before I traded most of them up, but again, complete conjecture and a fairly small sample size.
    Kuvani, Skuz and Cadira like this.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Not sure if live and test are different in that regard, and it looks like they might be at this point, but I have seen 0 level 2+ quests, and I'm sitting with multiple accounts on 2's and 3's (and a few 4 recruits) for levels. I'm working on dealmaking on FV to see if I can transfer a few million tetras into the purchase/convert/retire scheme to test more levels and different level spreads on more accounts, but it's a LOT of effort (since all I have there is krono and like 150k plat) that should really just have come in a faq inside the system itself.

The primary account I've been messing with this system on Test has effectively months or years worth of copied tetras funneled into agent purchases (I only know of one other person there who has been vocal about working on it, and the recent changes slowed both of us down significantly, since it used 2-4 accounts worth of full test copies twice a day by both of us to do it) and it's still slow.
    Scornfire likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Agent levels =/ your level

Unsure how high agent levels go, but I know I have one (Marcia) who has level 5 in one skill. But that account all MY skills are level 1.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Please change 24 and 48 hour missions to 22 and 46 hours. Thank you.
  11. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Skill levels look like this: https://gyazo.com/da6aa96a9584ed6f51783853de4b730c

Agent levels look like this: https://gyazo.com/88aad2dd3d4f1f012157ac137f1b1c65

It is almost impossible to confuse those two.

I did not confuse those two.

Maximums on agents should be 5/3, but there might be a 6/0

I wouldnt mind even 10 minutes shaved off each kind, so I can do them at the same times every day without it adding a couple minutes of time every cycle.
  12. Mazame Augur

I would ask 2 things to be considered

1st Please put a sort feature into the quest screen. I would like to be able to sort based on reward type and time.

2nd please up the amount of recruitment quest offered. The 48 hour timer doesn't bother me but not being about to pick one for days sucks. I think at least 1 should be offer daily if not every cycle. We are limited to 5 quest how we want to used those quest should be up to us not up to an unlucky RNG.
    Skuz, enclee and Velisaris_MS like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

This^^^a thousand times this!
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I would VERY much like to see 2 changes.
    • Stop flipping the tab to the active quest tab when you accept a quest, leave it on the main Quest screen please
    • Give me some sort of ability to mark an agent as "Favorite" and a check in place for any conversion that tells me I am about to destroy a marked favorite Agent.
    Koryu, Caell and EQ Dev like this.
  15. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Just a quick update, I've seen an elite quest on an alt account that doesnt even have rare agents, and just in general the distribution of common/uncommon/rare/elite quests doesn't seem to have any clear correlation now that I'm looking harder.

Also, this, may be a bit over the top...
    [IMG]
    Kuvani likes this.
  16. kimbotta Lorekeeper

This should be accessible through a http interface.
  17. Jalelorf Augur

I would very much not like to see them do this until the game is fixed and T3 raids are ready and working properly. Way too much time has been invested in this stupid slave game. Yes it is sending slaves out to do your dirty work.
  18. That0neguy Augur

At this point the team is just being down right fraudulent, dishonest, and negligible with our investment in this system and game.

From the Bug report about Merc AA:
    Think about what this would mean to something like XP potions. You put an XP potion on the market for 2000 DBC that says it grants 100% exp bonus for 30minutes. When players use it though, it only grants 25%. And then they find out the 100% was an error and it was only supposed to grant 25%.
    blackninja likes this.
  19. Coagagin Guild house cat

I would assume the development resource is the same for both sprints but I maybe wrong but not surprised if your talking about two completely different resources, either.

Add to that these personal attacks are, I am sure, of great relief for the individual making these inane and useless comments but they really need to stop as they aren't moving anything useful forward either.
    We get it. You have all the time in the world to play an online game and this is important to you but only serves to make the EQ community look like a ground of (aging) petulant children.

Got something useful to say, say it. Name calling and childish statements on boards have become too much of a nuisance across the Internet these days.

- Coagagin
    Cimbaeth likes this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree. There needs to be a web interface so people don't have to log all the way into the game just to check Overseer stuff, especially on multiple accounts. Or an app, or something like what LoN had.