Any more news on free Heroic chars during Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronk, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

My silver accounts are now showing as free so unless that's a bug they seem to have randomly downgraded silver accounts with no announcement.I will edit this post if I can verify it's unintentional but if it was planned that's not a good look.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

It's probably a bug. I've had it happen to me before (single Silver accounts going from silver to free). However, these free Heroic Characters are only granted to All Access (Gold) accounts only.
  3. Nadisia Augur

This one seems reusable, at least during the anniversary promotional period.

Yesterday, someone on my server made a mistake, created one heroic character of the wrong class, and was able to delete de 1st wrong heroic character and recreate a new one.

But if the redeem is limited, this kind of swap won't probably work anymore after the anniversary event.

And I do agree, their communication is fuzzy and misleading.
  4. Bronk Elder

Is there any way to clarify this? It's kinda important. If we don't claim our heroic during the Anniversary period do we really lose it???
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have clarified this in another post. I spoke to Dev (am leaving his name out since not sure I can post that part) and he responded:

"You have to log into the game during the anniversary period on an account that has All Access in order to receive the free promotional Heroic Character. You do not have to consume the Heroic Character during the promotional period."

Ok, ok his name starts with a "P":)
    Naedyin likes this.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

So...it appears interested parties should just contact DP staff directly for an answer. If only there were some way for them to see the the discussion on this, recognize the confusion created, then dispatch the desired information in one definitive communication for all players to see and directly quote to assist others that will inevitably come along with the same question(s).
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why are the devs do damn afraid to attach their names to this?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are not, that I know of. I am the one who was not certain if I can directly quote a dev. If I can do so then I will put the entire pm in here.

Might help so 1000 people don't pm them at once
  9. Prathun Developer

From JChan:
    You are not required to redeem the Heroic Character within the promotional period. You will get to keep the credit as if you paid for a new Heroic Character.
    Skuz, Sokki, Rasper Helpdesk and 5 others like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hi Prathun!

Can you confirm if you can delete this Heroic Character and receive the credit back?
  11. Prathun Developer

From JChan:
    Yes, you can delete the Heroic Character and still get credit back for the Heroic Character, however you will not receive the items from the Heroic Character Consumables Pack again (Platinum, Bayle Marks, Food and Drink).
    Naedyin, Skuz, Sokki and 4 others like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you very much!
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Like others, I thank you for the reply. Hopefully you, or someone, can make these clarifications a sticky so customers don't have to go digging through posts like this to find a simple answer.

But I have to ask...why did it take so long for you (meaing Darkpaw) to come out and clarify all of this? Why weren't those things (what you just posted) put in the ORIGINAL post about the free Heroics? Why do you (Darkpaw) constantly let confusion like this sit and fester in the community when it could easily be taken care of before it even gets started?

The level of communication from you folks about simple things like this has hit an all time low in recent months. I keep hoping that a lesson will be learned from things like this and that the commincation will be better, but I keep being disappointed.
    Barraind likes this.
  14. Zamiam Augur

it makes for good reading .. :p if they clarified it right away we wouldnt have 5 pages of posts to read thru and eat popcorn
    Sokki likes this.
  15. LadyRanger New Member

If you have only created them once you should be able to look at their /played info for creation date to figure out which was 2014 and which was 2017.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This was supposition if one had never claimed them but that is a good point if you created the character in the year it was given. But many of us have Heroics unused and the problem was there was no way to tell the difference. Dev has since clarified this in another post
    LadyRanger likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Honestly, aside from that initial free Heroic they gave away when the feature launched, I don't think they've ever given out those "one use only" Heroic Characters. I've gotten a few of them on my accounts over the years when they gave them away and they're all the "delete and reuse" versions.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I believe there was a second one-use only Heroic Character at some point. That, or there was no clarification at the time (and nobody risked it).
  19. Corydon Coles Elder

JUST purchased - ALL ACCESS in order to get the FREE Heroic
    * The system... did not work = I pushed the upgrade from the Character Selection.
    Next I was brought to the Marketplace, Where ? I was told I needed 3500 pts
    * I'm going to have to file a Ticket
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

Make sure you relog in via the patcher and then log in a character. At that point your account will be flagged.