2 Heroic Characters ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by axeramm, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axeramm New Member

I currently have 2 Heroic Characters on one of my accounts with the recent anniversary gift. It says I have until May to claim the newest character or I will lose it. Will I need to claim both to make sure I use the newest or will using just 1 be enough not to lose the other in May? I would rather not use both right now if I don't have to.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I think you are mistaken, you probably purchased one in the past, or forgot about another time they gave us a free heroic. (It did happen before)
    Maybe you used it and deleted a character and it refunded the heroic back to you.
    Nothing wrong here.
  3. Yendar Augur

Looks like you aren’t understanding his question. He understands that only one of them is from the current promotion and the other was from something else. He’s asking if he can use the one from the new promotion (which expires in May) first and save his other for later or will it automatically use the oldest one first.
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You are correct, I thought he got 2 instead of 1 and he was confused how he got the second.
    1) I did not know this new gifted 'heroic' ability has an expiration. Where do you see this info?
    2) How can you chose which one to use as it only says "Heroic character available 2"?
  5. Zamiam Augur

I believe the expiration refers to .. you have to log in to receive the Heroic toon between march 16th and may 10th or you will loose the ability to get one ,However once you have the heroic on your counter I dont believe it expires .
    you cant choose which one to use so im assuming and i could be wrong .. that this heroic will be like when you actually buy one you can delete and reuse anytime ..
    if I am wrong and you try to delete it a message will pop up asking you if you are sure you want to delete said heroic cause once you delete it is permanent ..
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Ahh ok, Glad they don't 'expire' lol :)

Also, I know on my account, if I delete a heroic character I have, it will give the heroic credit back.
    But, I have a paid heroic and a gifted (now 2 gifted ) heroic's on my account in total.

I believe the gifted heroic's are a one time use, while the paid heroic's are re-usable (if deleting the character it was used on).

Or is it visa versa :)
    It would make sense for the paid to be re-usable.
  7. Zamiam Augur

they have done both
    one time they gifted it was one time use ..
    another time was gifted it was unlimited uses ..
    this time gifted not entirely sure :p
    but they did put in the pop up message that if you try to delete a heroic that is not reclaimable it will tell you ..
    they should put 2 heroic counters on the character screen
    1 for heroics that you buy or are unlimited use and
    1 for heroics that are one time use only ..
    so you can choose which ones you want to use

and yes paid heroics are reusable

Also Darkpaw should actually communicate with its player base and tell us some more info about the heroic gift this year . will it be reusable or not .. guess only way we will find out is if a player actually tries to use it and deletes it after may 10th ..
  8. axeramm New Member

thanks for all the responses. maybe I misunderstood what i read about losing the ability to use the new one in May. I dont recall where the first one I had came from but that is my main account so not as useful to have extra characters on. I would still use it though rather than lose it completely if just for the 2 free HC bags to use for more storage.
  9. Moege Augur

Post the message about losing the heroic, just maybe that would clear matters up a bit more.

BTW more storage = more hoaring of quest items.... ask me how I know this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Post #75 by Benito - he says he was told you had to redeem it and then it went downhill- people assumed that meant use it or lose it as in create it.

However I have since received clarification by higher powers and hope everyone reads this and stops the panic-----this is the exact pm sent to me -

"You have to log into the game during the anniversary period on an account that has All Access in order to receive the free promotional Heroic Character. You do not have to consume the Heroic Character during the promotional period."
    axeramm, Zamiam and Moege like this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

I've locked the thread so this post does not get buried.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.