Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Max aa max level here. Bunch of alts 115. I don't see the problem.
    Jondalar likes this.
  2. Eckish Lorekeeper

I've been getting some wonky incapacitation timers. They are way higher than advertised on the mission. Like I have one agent that is Discredited with a 60 hour timer. But the UI said it was supposed to be 18 hours.
    Koryu likes this.
  3. Mukkul Augur

If your conversion quest is missing, you might have a prior conversion quest reward pending under Active Quests.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is easily fixed with a visit to the DBC store! Just buy more agents and you're good to go.

You're welcome. :)
  5. Beardsy Elder

We found em boys. We found EQ's "Jesus" ... I think? Let's just get rid of all microtransactions, no more ornaments, no more krono, no more exp pots. You know, the ONLY thing that's keeping EQ afloat. Let's just get rid of those, and then poof, our Nintendo will be magically more fun?

Sounds like a plan, right Tappin? Wipe it clean 2020.
  6. Vdidar Augur

RIP overseer
    Barraind, Caio_Xegony and Nennius like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

With a few exceptions. You can still get experience with it and not everyone is level 115 and max AA's. Also, I have alts who will use it to get collection items from past expansions. But, even with that said:

Personal note. I have played Taps in all lots of kinds of weather. If that is the sound he got out with a cold horn and especially a cold mouthpiece, I bow in admiration.
  8. Overboard New Member

I hardly played Overseer, but it seems like a bait and switch tactic to make money off long-time dedicated players getting them to spend real dollars on more SC for a specific reason, and then Darkpaw eliminates the whole purpose of SC purchases. Bad form.

BUT, how about Darkpaw realize they have a major issue on their hands and do something positive like suck-it-up and do these corrective patches starting at 12am EST to help mitigate additional hardship to players. Or, do it during the off hours for the vast majority of the users base. Instead you implement changes at 8am PST ? I get it that Darkpaw employees normal start time on a daily basis is 8am PST, but, uh, maybe one screw up doesn't deserve another ?

Darkpaw needs to refund purchases for SC I'd imagine.
    That0neguy likes this.
  9. Beardsy Elder

so can I get the 4500 DB I spent on useless agents back?
    Velisaris_MS, SmellyFinger and Marton like this.
  10. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

You are better off just getting the tetras and getting your 1 unattuner every year (or getting an agent every ~5 weeks) than the XP. Merc AA is probably worth it too.

1 HA a week is beating expected normal xp from overseer.
  11. SmellyFinger New Member

Wow! There is only a 25% chance for a collection item now? Total trash!! So glad i spent DB cash on agents.
  12. Dragari Journeyman

I had an unused Torment of Velious collection item in my bag, but now if I try to claim reward on it I just get a blank reward window, I guess I have to save it for when the next expansion is released now!
  13. Bjpotratz New Member

I haven't been on today to see if they have changed it, but I thought the xp rewards were very generous. On an alt at 114 I was getting .5-1% xp for each quest. At 8-10 quests per day that is a sizable amount of xp for almost no work. I thought the merc AA rate was a little light compared to that.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

To take the discussion another direction. If I understand it correctly, I use the common conversion quests to be able to do the uncommon ones. And then at some point I can do the rare ones. Is this correct?
  15. Phinigel New Member

To say that I am incredibly disappointed with these changes is an understatement.

@JenniferChan - You were doing great with this initial patch. The knee-jerk overreaction nerfs really need to stop. You lose customers with this. When Overseer came out, I originally thought it was a dumb idea and it reminded me of super poorly written mobile games, however when I saw the rewards that you could attain from completing the quests, I actually started enjoying it. I also spent about 50k DB cash across all my accounts that was just laying around on agents. The recent changes to this system have made me completely stop participating in the system, because your team under your leadership has driven it right into the dirt.

Take it for what it's worth, just my 2cp.
    Barraind likes this.
  16. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Heres more or less how it works:

You get to the real starting point with your new common (white) recruits. You can turn them into Uncommon (Green) recruits.

From there, you follow the same path turning uncommon to Rare (blue) and rare to Elite (purple).

To do the higher tier quests, you'll need higher tier agents, at least for the required slots, and the color of the quest generally matches the color of the required agent skill level.

The end goal of agents is to retire them once they get to Elite (though you CAN do this at any rarity), which gives you an item to use for significant XP to one of your overseer progress bars. You can also pick to turn it into 2 agents 1 tier lower, but the goal is to move them UP in rank.

The thing is, XP doesnt actually seem to DO anything right now, so you might as well just turn overseer into pokemon and collect 1 of every unique agent until we know XP has any effect.

Mine say its .5 of a level, but is actually giving something like .18 when accepted, which could be a bug, but is less good than printed.
  17. enclee Augur

I'd be curious the development time spent on Overseer, versus say Epic 3.0's or to another revenue item upgraded Heroic Characters.
  18. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Yup, that's the good part of the xp rewards, especially at "Hell" levels
    (at least in my mind). However, at lower levels where xp comes a lot easier, they don't seem worth it..