Overseer Bug

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lynnes, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Lynnes New Member

So i filled out a ticket and heres how it went.

Over seer conversions. i did the quest to combine 3 common agents to get one uncommon but didn't get any thing out of it. i did the quest 6 times claimed the reward but the uncommon agents I should have gotten are not showing up any where.

Greetings Traveler,

Our records show that you conducted the Overseer quest Common Conversion six times, and that the six Uncommon Agents were added to your Overseer Agents tab. If you cannot see these Agents, you may need to reboot your Everquest client.
    Sincerely,
    Senior GM Woebot
    Me Again
    I have reloged and did a file check and it still only shows i have 1 uncommon and 6 common agents. That is why i filled out a ticket to begain with.

Greetings Adventurer,

Unfortunately, CS is unable to assist with any of the new content that may be bugged or in flawed design at this time. We recommend asking around in-game or on the forums for potential work-around's as we are hands-off currently. I apologize for this.

For all bug report issues, you will need to use the command /bug to alert our Development Team. They will be fixing potential bugs internally in a future update. We appreciate your assistance.
    Sincerely,
    Senior GM Woebot

So if any one has a helpful suggestion i'll give it a go.
  2. Marope Lorekeeper

Same happened to me on test server and I /bugged the issue long before it was brought out on live. It's not fixed and I'm reduced to only 2 agents on test even though I should have more.
    Overseer was bugged from the start and should not have been released until it was ready, but I guess live servers will be the guinea pig again.
    They stated test's overseer was going to be reset but that didn't happen either.
  3. Lynnes New Member

Guy in my guild says same thing happened to him with no response from them either. Just outa of the station cash he spent to buy the agents.
    FaloverC likes this.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Not the same problem you are having but more evidence of something amiss.

Yesterday I had 2 agents sitting on "Clearing incapacitation" with all 0's in the countdown timer for several hours. I camped to character select and came back, they each had a timer again but they were some odd values over 1 hour under 2 hours. If I remember right, one was incapacitated for 12 hours and the other 6 hours originally. Once these new timers expired, the agents became available. The agents remained unavailable for quests throughout the issue.

It sounds like you have done all you can do from your end. I would file the bug report for sure to get attention to the issue. Unless there is some delay in the server processing the reward, I doubt rebooting again is going to change anything. I was running through the Overseer tutorial and kicking off the first 5 quests on 5 new heroic characters just to experiment this morning and it was running very slow but it did not seem to create any issues. Each one had that first conversion. I will be interested to see what happened to the quests on these 5 characters after the patch.
  5. Lynnes New Member

Filled out the bug report before i even posted, for all the good that will do.
  6. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Parts of overseer are still wonky.

You can still crit fail conversions and lose everyone for no gain, you can crit succeed them and save one agent per, they still have a chance to fail sometimes, the reward window is finnicky at best and you can somehow end up with 7 missions showing as ongoing at times.
  7. enclee Augur

This happens to me every day with the mission count. Sometimes I'm 5/5 other times I'm 3/5, next time it's 7/5 or 6/5. Doesn't matter though, this system is about to be dusted.
  8. Vdidar Augur

Do you guys that still spend cash on things like overseer still touch the hot burner on a stove?
    Boze and Celephane like this.
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

How else would they know it is hot? :rolleyes:
    Vdidar likes this.
  10. Lynnes New Member

You get 500 DB cash just for paying for an account. So using 1k of it to but agents to get a good base of uncommons going wasn't really a big deal. At least not if it wasn't bugged all to hell.