Server down early!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Made plans to finish Overseer before the server comes down and you bring it down early. :(

No fair!
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  2. Monkman Augur

Not unlocking t3 raids on time was cool too.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  3. That0neguy Augur

It was always 8a PT. Seems like someone didn't set the alarm correctly.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

it went down 07:45, which should have given me 15 minutes to claim overseer rewards and log out way before 08:00
  5. Weebaaa Augur

6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

*sighs*
  7. Laronk Augur

Its not fair! I planned to be off this morning for an hour! I DEMAND COMPENSATION!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I made sure to log in as soon as I woke up this morning. Successfully finished a bunch of quests across my 3 accounts: 2 of the "good" tradeskill component quests, a recruitment quest, and crit success on one (got 6 new agents this morning). I also used up all the the collectible dispensers I had been hoarding...a shame they didn't fix all the ToV rewards before this.

And that will probably be the last time I seriously invest any time into Overseer now.
    Moege likes this.
  9. That0neguy Augur

It looks like they locked the servers early. But the servers themselves were up till 8a pt. I know since I was logged in until then.

Is it normal for them to lock servers 15mins before bringing them down for patch? TBH I've never noticed.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No it didn't.

eqlog_Smokebane_bristle.txt:[Wed Mar 18 10:56:31 2020] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 3 minutes! Please camp in a safe location.

Above time is EDT. The servers lock pretty much when the server down messages start for the last couple years so people don't log in right before they go down.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I also noticed about 6 patches ago that servers lock 15 minutes before they are brought down. But that was just me cause I was bored on logging out and the logging out now takes us to server select instead of the black screen of the recent bug.

However everyone already logged in is allowed to stay until they log out or till servers actually kick you out but you take the risk of losing anything you just did if you wait for servers to kick you.

So for the future if you need to log in to do something plan ahead.

Just like paying with Krono - don't leave it to the last minute.