Anyone else hope Aradune will be the pop lock Seasonal server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Mar 17, 2020.

1. MMOer Augur

That each year a new poplock server will be created and feed into Aradune once it has ran its course (and thus Aradune will live forever)
    Montag likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It won't be, maybe next year a seasonal server will be tried, and Agnarr would be the best server to drop them into.
    Montag likes this.
  3. Typucm Elder

Who want PoP locked server always can join Agnarr, why make other servers like Agnarr?
    code-zero likes this.
  4. weewooweewoo Journeyman

pop lock is boring and kind of lazy
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think what the OP is suggesting is making Aradune a typical TLP that progresses from Classic -PoP. Then after several months in PoP all the characters on the server are merged onto Agnarr and then several days later after the server confirms all characters are moved off, it repeats the process. Another Classic-PoP progression path for Aradune.

To satisfy the players who seem to continually jump to the newest server and are repeating Classic-PoP already anyways.
    Montag likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

If it goes to pop and gets merged it isn’t locked
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

This would be an utterly pointless concept.
    If you only ever want to play up to pop... go play on agnarr.
    If you only ever want to play 'the rush' then just play on the newest TLP.

You could say that having several new TLP's a year already satisfys this niche.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

There is already a POP locked server. Why do we need another?
  9. Rotlust Augur

It's going to be all classes and/or races at launch. Mark my words! Fight me!
  10. Xanathol Augur

No.
    Aenu Holysight likes this.
  11. Jaenisch Elder

what we really need is 25% of normal exp rate. would be the most hardcore server ever.
  12. Montag Augur

If Aradune is a PoP locked agnarr-feeder / "evergreen" server that would really solved the million dead servers piling up issue.
  13. Numiko Augur

they should make it a luclin locked server with no Vex Thal or bazaar! .. that's when Brad left SoE after all.
  14. feigntrain Elder

You are utterly missing the entire point, maybe deliberately. Agnarr is already on LDoN. Agnarr is definitely *NOT* the server to go to if you want to play from classic to pop.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Fisticuffs!
  16. Chopsuey Augur

17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Agnarr is technically "LDoN" locked, but since LDoN doesn't really stand well on it's own they basically call it PoP-locked. It's still a locked server and PoP is still the top content to do and always will be.
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I've not always been a huge fan of Brad, but this was his baby. Any server named in his honor, needs to go on in perpetuity. Start it in Classic, same xp rates as launch. Expansion releases at the same pace as they originally launched. Only ramp up xp rates, when they were ramped up on Live. The server will never catch up. No other rules, aside from disallowing krono to be traded there, until the server gets to the same point that krono was originally introduced. Will that stop ALL plat farming, no. But it might put a damper on it for several years.
  19. code-zero Augur

Aradune is more likely to be an FV PvP server than a no Krono server
  20. Jaenisch Elder

Delaying krono release will stop plat farming? Lol what?