DPG is so out of touch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

That depends on whether you think "and a lot more" offers promise of something different.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You know easy it is to make 16kr while 16 boxing and running macaroni quest?

On Ragefire you straight up couldn't do Mage, Chanter, Cleric, Monk, Bard epics for months on end because of box crews. You couldn't actually farm hate armor before they added pickzones cause 18 boxers were camping everything in the zone 24/7. XP camps like "Hamlord" were just "H+trash" for all of Classic, "HLord" after kunark. Frenzy was perma botted in classic. King in Seb was perma camped by bots, Royals in Chardok was perma camped by bots. CoS was perma camped by bots. Botters got UDB removed from picks and later the game. Imagine how if those servers lasted to SoL can you imagine how cancer things like the VT key would be?
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Please, this. It's fantastic Darkpaw is listening to the customers, but so many of us now have commitments to our fellow players that rely on us staying strong and pushing forward where we are now. It's a bittersweet pill to see what we have wanted for so long - AoCs on a server without Truebox - but only at the tremendous cost to guild populations that have worked diligently ever since you released Phinigel.

Have another fireside chat in Discord if that's what it takes, at least explore the possibility instead of simply ignoring it.
  4. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Did my cleric, monk, and bard epic just fine. Ended up camping 6 dark elf masks. Never did mage but I got at least a few of the staves I ended up selling. Not sure if you're aware but the server did last way past SoL and still has raid guilds to this day. Luclin shard camping is always cancer regardless of what server you're on. We got around it by forcing picks with shard camps and farming them as a guild.

My only real complaint which has been addressed for years now is no raid instancing and with the addition of AoC's that problem is solved. Picks were icing on the cake and motm tweaking I'd say the first three expansions are in a good spot. This boxing is going to ruin everything hysteria is blown way out of proportion with today's TLP's. Pretty much every guild I've ever been in has boxes on raids or in groups. Botters are going to be on both servers regardless, I've yet to see a truebox server without the same exact bots you're complaining about in those camps.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

On the bright side, this tlp should be good in a year when the krono lords jump ship and the classic period is over as EQ shifts into an instanced world.

Having seen EQ past level 70 it is clear why macaroni became the norm in eq: player attrition and instanced content.

That great big world with a bustling community is a faint memory by this point.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Tell me more about things that happened in your head xD
  7. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Half the things you post is just you making things up, what's happening in who's head? Regardless there will be a truebox server for you to play on where apparently everyone groups together and there are no bots and everyone finishes their epic. Oh and the server doesn't die once SoL comes out...
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Crazy how you feel the need to not only make up things that didn't happen but you also feel the need to make up stuff i didn't say. It's almost like one of us is right and the other is wrong.
    PVPme likes this.
  9. kenmei Augur

it proves once and for all the devs ARE the krono farmers.
    There is no other reasoning as to why they are releasing the same tlp again and again...
    We had our thoughts on it, but daaaaamn, this has gone on too long, thought for sure they wouldn't let it keep going, but they in too deep it seems.
    There is no other explanation for releasing the same tried and true failed server types that die in 3 months of krono farming.
    Unless they are in on it.
    Cause they damn well ain't listening to the community.
  10. kenmei Augur

Actually every tlp has been dead after 3 months...
    ALL OF THEM.
    Why? Krono farming bots, truebox or no, doesn't and hasn't mattered.
    And it seems it doesn't seem to matter to EQ devs either... we complain, they release more of the same, now improved with no truebox. The krono farmers are EQ's meal ticket, and that's what they have decided to ride into the sunset.
  11. Rotlust Augur

Selo is a failure, FV is wanted by krono lords, and the 80 people who enjoy EQ PvP can join the 8 people on red if they like.

Selo failed a lot faster than those three that always failed. :) :) :) :)
  12. Rotlust Augur

Mangler and phinny died after three months. hokay, are you new here or drunk?
  13. Fraggly Augur

Good ol' PvP Derangement Syndrome. No one is allowed to question PvP rules without being a rager or krono lord but all the PvP bois can jump non-truebox to the ends of the world, just as seen in this thread.

Referencing servers being successful based on guild participation in raids that became instanced after the only boxing servers that ever existed proved that it was necessary in the modern gaming era. PvP Derangement Syndrome strikes again.

It would be great if Aradune was truebox non-AoC just for science. Maybe people would realize what saved TLPs was AoC.

Anyways, better luck next year reddie! Get that PDS checked.
  14. Fraggly Augur

The correct word would be "stoked". I am very stoked a server i will enjoy is in the works. Way to gloss over your contradictions. Maybe you should be upgraded to just plain deranged instead. :D

How triggered are you that you aren't getting PvP?! It shows.
  15. Jontrann Augur

They really should just launch the new tlps soon even if they are copy pasta servers. Lotta people home with nothing to do.
  16. Kittany Augur

Hey now, that's just rude. Yellow team represent! :) (TZ/VZ insert joke about yellow bellied elf team fef's) lol
  17. Beep Elder

Weird people think they would do all race/class for Aradune. He wasn't even working on EQ at those points.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Hold on... you're saying sauron69 lied about doing cleric, monk, and bard epics? Why would he? /boggle
  19. Jaenisch Elder

Entire states are supposed to stay home right now....jchan cant even get a new tlp going. Lol this is the first time I've ever been legitimately worried about EQ.
  20. Kujoe Lorekeeper

I just read on the darkweb, that Daybreak/darkpaw does not in fact pay their employee's, but rather lets them run krono rings on the servers as compensation. It is a mob styled hierarchic, where KronoLord is the top dog. Everytime there is a roll back, server down-age, utilization of an exploit or other 'glitch", that is the KronoLord keeping his/her lackeys in check while also squeezing the common player for another Krono. The dev team gets top camps to farm like GEBs in classic, while the janitorial staff has to suffice with 24/7 Hill Giants. There is only Zuel. #freethekronovirus