Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

And a conspiracy theory is born.
  2. Mortik_soul New Member

now this is just me thinking but a nice way to say sorry would be double coins for just tomorrow(considering the amount of ppl that took of for this) /shrug
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sigh
  4. German Augur

I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that the first leap year screwed up the anniversary times checks and it was fixed or they use a specific day of month. However, I have not even bothered to check the days between dates and one of the fancy (tongue in cheek) calculators on the web says this is day 90 from launch but if the check box for include day in the end is there it says 91. Its embarrassing for them though, just no excuse really.
  5. Cicelee Augur

It is the job of the developers to bring raids to the player base. They found errors, are correcting them, and releasing said content. It may not be at a time suitable to those who care about where they land on a website's ranking system, but the raids will still be available to players.

Thank you for finding the issue, and reacting to it within a timely basis. I understand this is just a game, and there is far more serious and important things going on in our world than where my guild finishes the final T3 raid compared to other guilds on other servers...
    Belexes and Arraden like this.
  6. Derd Augur

Wouldn't a simple solution just be you all agree to not start raids until a set time tomorrow evening>? I mean its really only like 10 guilds that matter in the "race"
  7. svann Augur

LOL. We've only been doing daylight savings time for 100 years. Cut them some slack!
    Mintalie and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  8. Jondalar Augur

Timely? lol
  9. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Timely would have been within an hour of the bug being reported. 5 hours later is most of the work day.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

I wonder how many cumulative hours of PTO people wasted over this fiasco. I'm not amused.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Wait, because DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME should have been a huge surprise to the devs when they set their dumb scripts to launch the content?

... you know ... that thing ... that happens TWICE A YEAR at the exact same time. AND, not only that, it happened a couple of weeks ago, and no one was like "oh, I wonder if that is going to hose up our raid release schedule, lets check so the playerbase who sacrifice and keep this stupid game alive won't get angry over it."

Of course not.

Please. Don't be so dense.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  12. Chopin.Xegony Augur

At least 40 members of my guild did today. Probably more than that in just ROTE.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Shrug. They could have delayed it a month or a week. We are getting it within 24 hours.

Would I have loved to be raiding new raids tonight? Yes. I will wait until tomorrow. Life will go on.

My wife is at home sick. Maybe she has coronavirus, maybe not. She does have some symptoms. I may not be raiding at all tonight or tomorrow. Should I throw a hissy fit on the forums and demand that the devs delay T3 until it is ready for me?
    Belexes likes this.
  14. enclee Augur

I wish, I lost all my leverage when my annual subscriptions renewed and I already have 3 lifetime memberships.
  15. enclee Augur

You can appreciate them fixing an issue, but at the same time you have to hold a service provider accountable for their actions. These raids aren’t being released at ToV launch or a few days after. They purposely picked this day 3 months after ToV launch. This was the biggest show in town. You can’t mess up your big scheduled events.
  16. Zunnoab Augur

As the final tier of the expansion, rankings for this are more important than the other tiers. People prepared weeks or months ago, adjusted thier schedules, took time off, scheduled things off normal raid times for some forces.

I don't think it's reasonable or realistic to ask those that can do it to hold off. The damage is done. Mistakes happen, but that doesn't mean people should hand wave it. It's possible to be disgusted while still acknowledging the developers are human and not being nasty about it.

That is my stance.
    Ssdar likes this.
  17. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I'll grudgingly accept the reason for why t3 didn't unlock even though I took off from work to participate in raids that didn't happen this morning. I get it, it happened - whatever. However, I find the unlocking rescheduled to take place tomorrow instead at some approximate/god-knows-what time to be completely unacceptable. It should be unlocked over the weekend at this point.

Too many people temporarily rescheduled their lives/work/family ahead of time to participate this morning in a fun activity to get their shot at a server or server-wide first while trying to take their minds off the realities of what's happening in RL. I find the steps taken by the devs to remedy what has transpired to be completely insensitive.
    Mintalie and Maedhros like this.
  18. Danaleigh Elder

Daylight Savings Time would not even have been an issue if you had stuck to the norm and released everything at launch. (DST excuse still sounds a little sketchy to me). The least you could do, since your still hung up on releasing tier 3 on a week day is, hold off till 8:30 eastern, in the evening. This way all the people who wasted sick time or vacation time today have a chance to get home from work and get ready to raid. ALSO it will be a set time and none of this ...." will go live when the patch is done." Which will have everyone sitting around like we did today, for who knows how many hours. With your record a 4 hour patch can run anywhere from 3 to 6 hours. This is totally unacceptable. Pick a date and an exact time and adhere to it.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Rexa like this.
  19. Karhar Dream Crusher

this has happened before on tlp servers, dont expect anything to be fixed.
  20. Allayna Augur

We all know how easy it is to get in after a patch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.