Timing is Everything...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kapi, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Kapi New Member

Dear DPG,

Hi - filthy casual here.
    • 32 now, played since I was a wee child.
    • Been playing TLP since Phiny. Had a blast.
      • Played Corinav, played selos, played mangler, played whatver the stuck-at-PoP one was.
    • Releasing a TLP now (ASAP) would be genius, here's why
    1. Tens of thousands of workers are working from home right now. Reducing their commute to zero - adding hours of potential EQ time daily
    2. Major retailers (Apple, Verizon, Tmobile) have announced they are closing large swaths of their stores - and most employees will just be left at home: self-quarantining and collecting roughly 100% of their expected paychecks
      • This trend is not done. Expect every major retailer (those who can) to follow suit
      • The closures are being called "temporary" - most are through March 31 - but they will last at least through the end of April
        • The goal of the isolation is to slow down the rate that Covid is spreading at - it will take at least a month's worth of data to reach any conclusions
        • Add to that the fact that testing is still not-widly available, and there's 0% chance that the closure windows aren't extended
    3. Hundreds of thousands of students (those who aren't already) will be joining the isolated "stay home" ranks within the next 30 days.
    4. All these folks are home are bored
      • Many of these people:
        • Have disposable income they would normally spend at [insert: the bar, the baseball game, the movies, dinner] that they could/would spend on krono
        • Are high-fuctioning and don't know what to do with time off (students, people who travel for work)
        • Need some kind of escape from the nonsense that's surrounding this whole event
    So don't wait DPG, release it now.
    Don't let "perfect" be the enemy of "great" - The forums are going to errupt no matter what choice you make:
    • FV rules - people will lose their minds
    • PVP - people will lose their minds
    • Selos clone - people will lose their minds
    • Mangler clone - people will lose their minds
    • Boxing allowed - people will lose their minds
    See? There's no "we make everyone happy" solution. So just pick a path, and offer an escape to those who want it. Let everyone forget about Covid for a hot-minute, and worry about remembering if a 6/34 is better than a 4/24 for leveling
      • FWIW: my vote would be Boxing allowed, FV ruleset, XP between Mangler and Selos, open with Kunark open, BL and Zerk avail day 1, 8 week unlocks
      • But the truth is, I'd play nearly any version of a TLP right now - because it's more fun than watching the news... and I don't have a lot else to do.
    Also, if you want hero-status, just make it free-to-play for 30 days. Imagine the PR: "DPG gives self-quarantiners a no cost escape during these uneasy times".
    Disclaimer: Covid is a serious threat, particularly to the elderly and immuno-compromised. I did not intend to make light of that threat. I also know that many people are stuggling to make ends meet (service industry, taxi drivers, retail, healthcare) and I don't mean to make light of that either. We all owe it to the rest of the country to do what we can to minimize the spread.
  2. Iove Elder

Very right thought in this post, but I would prefer not any server but FV-trade. This type of server will bring players for a long time, many will stay there past PoP i sure. Anyway this 21 years celebration is terrible for DPG and if them want some good money them will open this server soon, no reason wait till summer.
  3. Aiona Augur

I don't care for the pvp stuff but I support this otherwise.

I've played a new TLP every year they come out with new ones, I love it. I am just waiting until they come out with one that is FV rule set!
  4. code-zero Augur

Well Rizlona is a boxing server though we don't know what else it may be. A lot of those other things probably will never happen but JChan is freaking awesome so if she decides to do something chances are she can make it do it
  5. sumnayin Augur

Gee, I wonder who released a thread about this like 3 or 4 days ago...oh yeah me. Without making a tl:dr post
  6. Typucm Elder

I think the same.
  7. Jontrann Augur

I agree with the OP, they really should push the new tlp's out early due to the corona virus. Lot of people stuck at home with nothing to do. As it stands, the new tlps are set to launch at around the same time the corona virus is due to let up (allegedly) which means people are going to want to go outside and not be stuck indoors anymore which means less people playing on the new tlps.

TLDR: Just make the new servers Mangler 2.0/3.0 and launch them next week.
  8. Kittany Augur

Wish I was stuck at home with pay. Sadly (Or fortunately) I'm helping to keep the US stocked with that valuable elusive must have resource called TP lol
    Risiko likes this.
  9. Jaenisch Elder

Why can't we get new servers now? They are so indecisive....
  10. aalith New Member

later spring/summer is too late... TLP now gogogo
  11. Crabman Augur

can you imagine if they had just planned one/two for anniversary like the last few years. would have made an absolute killing!
  12. Typucm Elder

DPG busy with Overseer / Tier3 and other problems on Live servers, no one care about TLP anymore.

Seems its new politics of new management.
  13. ManglerNecro Journeyman

One more pray for new FV TLP server right now!

We want play EQ, not other games, but we want Classic EQ TLP!

IN DPG WE TRUST!™
    Aenu Holysight likes this.