Delay raids until Saturday

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by yepmetoo, Mar 17, 2020.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just call it, make raids open at 9am pacific time on Saturday. Mulligan this.
    Xeladom, FawnTemplar and Sancus like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

No TY, many re-arranged work schedules to be here mid week.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  3. Piemastaj Augur

Or give a week in advance to adjust schedules.....
    Allayna likes this.
  4. cadres Augur

It's way past time for someone to make a decision - whatever that decision is. Sitting here just waiting is ridiculous
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  5. Sancus Augur

It depends on what the other option is. If it's still able to launch today that's cool, but launching during a different weekday at 9 am pacific is going to screw over a lot of people.
    Kuvani, yepmetoo, Xeladom and 5 others like this.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Honestly, there's no way to fix this situation without tainting the outcome. So many people took this day off work because it's the only day in the expansion that matters. The only day.

I really think that the community as a whole should maybe consider the blasphemous opinion of just having t3 race being a speedrun from a time-stamp of of the guilds first instance creation to second instance completion...rather than a first in the game clear.

Just my $.02
  7. Ryino Elder

Yeah but they missed that. I think it's safe to say that more than a few people can't take another day off with less than 24 hours notice. I think whatever time they are going to reschedule for the launch they should at least give people 48 hours notice or something. Hell some people might not even have another vacation day to take, or had to take today unpaid and can't afford to do it again.

At this point anything that happens is going to screw some people, but a weekend launch probably screws the least amount of people.
  8. Jondalar Augur

I thought this release was done so people wouldn't have to take off work...
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well no, because that doesn't take loot systems into consideration... The "race" this year is kinda silly anyway. It's a whoever logs in first thing.
  10. Allayna Augur

My guild is gonna suddenly have a COVID-19 outbreak...
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

gross concept error there. this release was done because DPG wanted to arbitrarily flex their will and change the system.... also known as "so people won't be forced to raid during the holidays". so they made unlocks be scheduled conveniently on a freakin' holiday! (granted, one that most people wouldn't ordinarily have off)…. thereby forcing people to either: a) opt out of any kind of race, or b) use their (now extremely valuable) PTO to play a damn video game....

based on my level of anger, bet you can't guess which one was me!
    Xeladom, Mintalie, Raccoo and 3 others like this.
  12. Deillusional Augur

Do it for a Sunday, Saturday is for other things!
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Axxius Augur

No. Just unlock them at the regular NA raid time, about 4 pm.

And if they would also tune AoW to Mearatas difficulty, so that it wouldn't matter who starts raiding when... Dreams, dreams... :rolleyes:
    Jondalar likes this.
  14. Deillusional Augur

but unlock AB at 4pm euro time!
    Yinla and Axxius like this.
  15. Ravanta Suffer Augur

[IMG]
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Just fix the crap, open it Sunday Noon PST! I mean come on people. 95% of us are adults, we asked, pleaded, begged to get a day/time these raids would open so WE, could be adults about it and plan accordingly. You as a business failed on YOUR end! Either get it working today, or delay it for everyone and open on a normal time frame!

Then learn from this that staggering raid starts is about as dumb as hoarding TP
    Funky, -----Cinexa----- and Allayna like this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

What about guilds who, for whatever reason, cannot raid on a Saturday? Or players who may have to work on Saturday?
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

A lot more people work on Tuesday and Wednesday then Saturday.
    Xeladom, Elyssanda and Scornfire like this.
  19. Dhurgan Augur

You raid on the next available day?
    Duder likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

Same thing can be said for all the guilds that are waiting. If they release the raids at 3am tomorrow, then those guilds will raid on the next available day/nigbt/time.

I get it. They were supposed to be released at 9am. I am assuming they are still not active. It is frustrating. They will be released when they get released. This afternoon, this evening, tomorrow morning, as soon as it can. A mistake was made, and is being corrected.