What are some of the changes you dislike and things you like the most in the last 5 years?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Just curious what the general feeling with the players is.

Dislike - excessive use of tradeskills in the last several expansions to the point that you're forced to do them or miss out on power increases and parts of the expansion

Dislike - the continuing increase in AAs both per expansion and overall total with minimal gains in power and utility.

Like - the focus on quality of life additions to make the game better and more enjoyable.

Your turn!
  2. Atama-Xegony New Member

I dislike the way progression servers are just breeding grounds for kronos. If kronos didn't exist on the TLP servers then their population would be like Quarm server after OOM was defeated.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Jondalar Augur

ToV raid release stagger and failure.
  4. Jonasin Elder

You mean the non raid release?
    Allayna, Jondalar and Zaray like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

Trying to parse what you're saying here and all I get is that you really don't like TLP servers. BTW I was unaware that Krono could breed, that's very disturbing
  6. Mintalie Augur

Staggered release was dumb to begin with, but to completely fubar the final event of the entire year... is just unconscionable.
  7. zarcal Elder

The thing i dislike most (and admittedly i am always at least 1 expansion behind) I also understand so i will offer no solution but:

Group quests made difficult for current but then a year later when there are less players in content they are virtually impossible (Sarnak among us - as an example)

Scaling old content AFTER the fact. Nothing in previous expansions should ever scale based on new equipment levels, it just frustrates people that are behind/catching up
    Borm_of_fv likes this.
  8. enclee Augur

I was in your same position for pretty much the last decade, and then I decided to just skip ahead and get current. Life is so much easier, and you get to catch alot of content in its easier, more rewarding version. It's so frustrating, how they handle old content.

-Overseer, it's not a finished concept and it's a pretty awful user experience.
    -Staggered content releases
    -Monthly patch cycle, too many overlooked bugs that require players to wait an additional month(s) to get fixed (collections, ToFS key mobs, etc)
    -Collections, worst "content" ever introduced in a game. Run around randomly to search for ground spawns that may or may not be outside of the world. There's no ability to locate collection spawns or point you in a direction. Next, you have to figure out what's mob dropped in the static zone or instanced zone, so fun. Last, there's hundreds of more items added to the drop tables and to fill my banks and bags. Just an all around terrible system.
    -Continually adding swarm pets and procs to every class, you're game can't handle that amount of traffic.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Raccoo and Mintalie like this.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

I have no dislikes. Nothing they do to this game bothers me. Just a game to me.

Don't ask me about changes in the last 5 years to RL. :D
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Dislike - The constant and overuse of the nerf bat.
    Like - The friends I have made over the years.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Like:
    Dev's adding tags in the bug forums. Those big tags about NOT A BUG, INVESTIGATING, etc.

We may not always agree on not a bug, but it does say it's as intended.
  12. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Dislike - Everything about yesterday, especially the absolutely 1 out of 10 customer service that came with it.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Mintalie and Duder like this.
  13. Laronk Augur

Waiting 4 months for tier 3 raids =/
    Goburs, Koryu and Duder like this.
  14. ArtremasEQ Augur

Delaying raids another month, just to feed the egos of a select few.
  15. Monkman Augur

Trust me we would rather beat the raids with 35 today than wait for another month. What an absolute garbage decision that was. I'm still so upset about yesterday it's actually quite sad.
    Goburs and Duder like this.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

So far, the only people in the upper guilds I have seen who have posted that the extended delay was a good thing have been 2 (or was it 3?) members of RoI, including Qulas. I can only speak for MS personally, but we are pissed. There are 2 main reasons why we are pissed. I'll skip the obvious one.

The other reason why we are pissed, is that just like everyone else we have to wait another month for T3 raids. ToV raids so far are effing terrible, boring, and insultingly easy. The only hope of the expansion being anything else other than a last ditch effort of a dying game to keep the larger population subscribed (by letting everyone think they are winners for beating it) is if T3 injects some actual fun back into the game for raiders who want to raid without being able to sleep through it.
    Monkman likes this.
  17. Windance Augur

Dislike:
    Raids that are DPS check. Ever since TBM this seems to be #1 way to make things hard. Makes events trivial when you have over the magic threshold. Impossible if not.
    Luck - having to farm the same gear multiple times - too much like diablo
    Tabs - they are pretty but take up more room - glad we were able to revert them
    ToV - XP hell Levels - makes it harder to get those filthy casual players raid ready
    ToV - ToFS - Really hate that zone
    TBL - Stratos - Did we really need kick back mobs knocking us off the islands?
    RoS - Cactii raid/mission - make a DPS check event and punish melee for high DPS

Like:
    ToV staggered release of the raids. But they should be released on Sundays @ noon PST
    TBL Rewards - Illusion mask and carpet were amazing rewards for finishing expansion
    TBL Chase - Hell of a lot of work but amazing reward. Not blocked by raid progression
    TBL Zones - Very nice new zones to explore. Not the same old same old.
    RoS - Gorwyn Raid - Nice to have a good starter raid that wasn't a DPS check
    EoK - Got to kill some dragons ! The FM zone wide event was pretty new/interesting
    EoK - updated wyrmslayer - classic with the 1750 hp damage reduction was pretty interesting
    /FindItem window - love it - wish they had rolled this out a long time ago.
    Trade Skills - I resisted it for years. But now its cake and we get yummy goodies like the TS earrings. EMBRACE the PAIN!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Coronay like this.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

TOV --- EXP FAILGATE - hosed 20 years of being able to efficiently level as you like with EITHER questing or grinding. Complete fail brought to you by the dewds at 1900DUDEZOR(aka your local uberguild)
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

- I liked that quests in ToV gave meaningful XP
    = I do not like how ToV XP was OP, one time / not repeatable and mob XP was low.

- I liked the way progression in EoK made Kor'Sha accessible but inaccessible at the same time, RoS had VP locked and ToVs TOFS floor progression
    = I did not like the TBL zone progression. I completed it quickly but having that many zones locked in the beginning was bad overall
    = I did not like how EoK EoTD and EoK armor crossed expansions into RoS, effectively doubling the required progression for ROS.

= I did not like the number of AEs in TBL. In EoK it was mostly just giants. TBL made it very hard to group with weaker players, and made catching up harder. I am glad I came back and got caught up during RoS.

- I like the use of evolving items
    = I do not like that unlocking the evolving items had front loaded ACHs. I wish they could evolve just past T2 group stats, then required ACH to get into raid stats, making them more accessible.
    = Same with the earrings being locked behind TS. I wish the earrings were quested to above T2 group and they used TS aug quests to get them to raid stats.
  20. kizant Augur

I'd rather raid today with 35 as well. But that doesn't mean I disagree with their decision. I imagine the forums would be full of even more complaints from people who took time off for raids and then couldn't make them the next day than there are right now from people who just don't want to wait another month. It's annoying but it's hard to say they we decision is unfair.