A Better Way To JC to 300?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DillyBar, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DillyBar Augur

I’m around 275 and the skill ups are few and far between making blue diamond Velium bracelets. What has other people done for this stretch?

Thanks
  2. Cadira Augur

What you're making is exactly, and entirely the only thing you should probably be making in my experience. The chance to skill up DOES NOT change depending on the trivial of the item you're making so long as it's above your skill level. IE if you're skill 299, your chance to skill up is the same if you make a 302 triv, or a 568.

Keep on makin' them bracelets!
    AppleSplatter likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well your trophy wont skill up if the item is more than 100 points above your skill.

I did Square Cut Black Sapphire (300) but I had a lot of the sapphires to work with. But if you look further down the list at eq traders - quick trivial list for jewelry - there are other gems you may have or some you may be able to buy in baz cheap. I think triv on others is like 340 ish?
  4. Windance Augur

Blue Diamond Velium Bracelets is what I used back in the day. The only thing you need are blue diamonds and you can vendor dive for them easily.

There are a bunch of alternate recipes depending on where you have been leveling/farming and what mats are available in the baz.
  5. AppleSplatter Journeyman

I always stick with the velium blue diamond recipe. It's not even that expensive once you sell all the stuff back to a vendor. Empty out a couple bags and then fill them up with the velium blue diamond thingies. You can sell the entire contents of a bag at once by clicking on the bag while talking to a vendor. GL
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

275-282 you can do Velium Ruby Veils
    282-287 you can do Platinum Diamond Rings
    287-290 you can do Velium Diamond Rings
    290-295 you can do Platinum Blue Diamond Tiaras
    295-300 you can do Velium Blue Diamond Bracelets

Or you can keep doing Velium Blue Diamond Bracelets.

Other paths to 300 really are way too tedious unless you have huge stocks of random materials or are extremely short on platinum.
    Annastasya likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You mean except for my baking trophy, which I leveled the entire 7th evolution making something 114 points higher than my skill of 300?

The 100 skill spread may have been true in the past, but my experience is as long as the recipe is blue or higher, your trophy will evolve.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No.

100 point thing is only up to level 300. Final trophy level can be evolved on anything 300+.
  9. Cadira Augur

It's weird, I thought that as well forever and I was making Auspicious Elder Wood Plank (http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=63025&menustr=035000000000) on my alt and it does not evolve her master trophy (she is skill 300 fletching). Maybe certain recipes like that one don't count for trophies at all.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Doing some 500 skill tov stuff evolves master fletching trophies at like 3-4% a pop.
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Cadira Augur

might look into that!
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Might just be a bugged issue, but the plank combines definitely do that. ToV tinkering combines didn't though, so, mileage may vary (but the tinkering ones DID evolve it, just at the normal rate).
    Cadira likes this.
  13. DillyBar Augur

Thanks all.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur