thank you for a boxing server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Mar 16, 2020.

1. mark Augur

hi i play mostly eq after usa raid times with daylight savings most american guilds i have been in raid starting at 9.30 am to 11.30am due to daylight saving changes.
    After raids i used to get a group going 2 boxing a pally and a shammie, a friend who lives in australia like me used to play in the group on days off but people would join and then drop out of group due to it getting to late.
    Now days i 6 box since i work 3rd shift here in oz,on raids i only play the warrior and a healer if needed,thats why i am over the moon that we are getting a boxing server,i loved ragefire up to oow dident mind don but after that eq becomes a new game.
    THANK YOU again.
    Skuz, Fredescu and code-zero like this.
  2. Maneuvre Augur

DOA.

You have Live servers to box on since you play by yourself. You also have Oceania based guilds to play with on current TLPs. But at least you and the other 2 boxers can make your own guild and play to the moon and back!
  3. Vicus Augur

It wont be DOA...there are 35 pages on a thread proving you wrong. I was in the discord channel for the last server where they announced it was Truebox and around 40+ people left that discord server that night. It's going to start in classic and its not truebox...if it's DoA then EQ is DoA. The server will be packed until Gates and beyond after someone puts work into 4+ characters.

Now for a side note...PLEASE someone make a PST timezone guild (Starting 9pm easter/6pm PST). If you do you have a beast of a dps and an amazing cleric.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I wouldn't say DOA, but I have to wonder who is going to play on it.
    • People who like to box on one PC.
    • People who like to bot (assuming this will be allowed).
    Who will play on Aradune?
    • People who don't mind true-box.
    • People who play a single character at a time.
    • Botters/cheaters because that's where the money is.
    How does that look in terms of numbers for each server? I have no clue.
  5. Zansobar Augur

There are 54 pages in a PvP server discussion thread...what's you point? That doesn't mean there is demand for a PvP server.
  6. Vicus Augur

54 pages of the same 6 people. The other thread was legit 100's of different people. Also there where 2 other threads prior to them making it filled before they realized how many people wanted one so made it's down thread.
    Gherig, Tsuaruanni and Skuz like this.
  7. code-zero Augur

The no box server thread was created by DW and stickied, the PvP thread was a merger of a bunch of junk threads cluttering the page so basically a junk thread dumpster
    Gherig, Tsuaruanni and Skuz like this.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

My prediction is Rizlona will be the more popular of the two servers, and itll be the one to survive next year's seasonal refresh of phinny.

I also predict Aradune will have more afk farm bots going because Darkpaw lacks the ability to truly police these at all.
  9. Aiona Augur

My hope is that DPG adds something silly to the Aradune ruleset ...(like PVP!) so Rizlona becomes the go-to server for those who plan to stay on the new TLP long term :)
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No it's not LUL
  11. Arclyte Augur

Hopefully the boxing cancer will be quarantined on Rizlona
    PVPme likes this.
  12. PVPme Augur

Yeah.... because people who box 40+ accounts definitely don't have an army of accounts to post on the forums to "manipulate" a fake demand for such a server or anything, right....?
  13. PVPme Augur

I'm glad the people who wanna box 6+ and run macaroniquest to automate all their boxes have a server to safely cheat on, but it'll definitely be dead compared to the truebox.
  14. mark Augur

so since i work 3rd shift in australia i cant raid with an oceania based guild.
    now that i can box on 1 pc i can fight the botters or talk to them and get the camp i need until i get the drops i need and move onto the next zone because i enjoy everquest its my favourite game,now if your a botter that breaks the rules of the eula where would you bott? on a server with no boxers where you can sell a lot more then a server where legit boxers can fight over a camp and get the gear they need.
  15. PVPme Augur

I'm glad the new server works good for you, but you aren't thinking clearly.

Macaroni Quest has a free version that is incompatible with truebox servers. This will be running rampant on the non-truebox server. You are at a huge disadvantage if you don't run this program on the non-truebox server.

It automates your character auto using abilities & standing behind the target attacking, and because its free and virtually safe I foresee their being wayy more people running it on Rizlona then on the truebox server.

Don't get me wrong people will cheat on the truebox server too but they gotta pay for it and jump through more loop holes then one easy free download. Not to mention people actively report and get suspended on Truebox.
  16. Lacka Journeyman

have you even been on mangler? the amount of cheaters is worse than pretty much any other server, including the servers you seem to think of full of "macaroni"
  17. Draconum Elder

To be frank, I currently box a group when I play (Currently on EQ2 but will probably hop back onto one of these servers with my brother) - purchased some cheapo refurbished desktops just for this.

Opening a 'box-friendly' server on paper probably looks great, but unfortunately most people including myself would not be inclined to go there. The rulesets would have to be muuuuuch better than the other option, and even then meh.

These guys like to look the other way at the programmed raid armies on Mangler now, doubt this will deter from the upcoming server.
  18. Draconum Elder

To be frank, I currently box a group when I play (Currently on EQ2 but will probably hop back onto one of these servers with my brother) - purchased some cheapo refurbished desktops just for this.

Opening a 'box-friendly' server on paper probably looks great, but unfortunately most people including myself would not be inclined to go there. The rulesets would have to be muuuuuch better than the other option, and even then meh.

These guys like to look the other way at the programmed raid armies on Mangler now, doubt this will deter from the upcoming server.
  19. PVPme Augur

Just because a few people cheat the system doesn't mean we should throw the whole system out and just all cheat.

Hopefully with this server people who wanna play that way will go to Rizlona, and Darkapw will start policing the truebox more. Who knows though.
  20. mark Augur

with aoc implemented (raid instances) a pug a boxing group or raid can be all yours unfortunatly they have a lockout,picks dont have lockouts, are instances open to everyone can be a bit of a pain but you can have 20 upperguk camps so you can find a place to exp and get upgrades.
  21. Jaenisch Elder

Probably the most uneducated/ill-informed post in regards to botters.