21st anniv quest rewards disappointed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

23 hour recast on a lvl 100 usable item seems rather long .. the clickies from the 15th anniv at least have far better recasts/effects and peeps are more inclined to do them .. I for one am not gonna waist my time with 21st quests.. 23 hour recast for a 5k heal and having to defeat a 115 ogre .. and the 2nd PLAYER designed mission having a rune clicky would of been nice but tis only 10k rune every 23 hours..

would it of been so bad or too much power to gives us a 10k heal (and can be focusable) every hour ?

or a 20k rune once every hour ?

15th anniv quests

at least horn of unity get a short but nice regen/ds every 10min
    bottled essense of vex a 20k DD every 5min
    a clicky gate item every 30min to pok
    Nec dragon bone 22k lifetap every 3min
    dipo papers 5k dmg absorb every 5min
    a Gnoll Illusion with AC boost
    cleansing rod - cure disease/poison every 1min

the last few anniversary missions have been laughable .. anniversary quests should be getting better with age not worse ..

DPG formally DBG i feel jmho they dropped the ball this time .. as well as whoever (player) designed these missions ..

just my 2cp
    OldCa61 likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we just forget the anniversary quests in future? These 2 have been a total waste of everyones time.
    Herf likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is possible that the devs will reduce the recast timers or buff the effects on the 21st anniversary items in the future.
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Link what the actual reward is, please
  5. kyong Augur

yes, please make recasts 5 minutes :)
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

23 HOUR recast on a 5k heal?!?!?! lol... rofl.... maybe worthwhile on my lvl 30 alt... but come on.
  7. Xyphen Maximum Augur

No. Horn of Unity, Diplo Papers, PoK stein and aug are still legit.
    OldCa61 and eepok like this.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I think the items are bugged.
    Fancy Feast is supposed to use a spell called Bite of Fancy Feast, but clicking on its link takes you to Healing Potion XX. Mom's Love is supposed to use a spell called Mom's Hug, but clicking on its link takes you to Devout Rune. Searching the spells file, no such spells called Bite of Fancy Feast or Mom's Hug have been added to the game.
    So, the spells are missing from the game's spell database, and the items are linking to the wrong spells. We have no idea what the bonus items are actually supposed to do.
    Benito, svann, enclee and 1 other person like this.
  9. Drakang Augur

Right now they are not worth doing unless you are an achievement addict. Don't even see any real game lore tied into them.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think the comment was more along the lines of "If this is what new anniversary quests will be like in the future, don't bother making new quests and use the time for more important stuff."
    Yinla, smash and svann like this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

yes they really need to drop the recast to every 5 to 10 min on these ..

I mean lets get real .. the mobs lvl 115 hit for 30 to 50k or more if named with AE's and having 30 to 50million hps .. I dont think a 5k heal or a 10k rune every 5 - 10 min is gonna make anyone OP . in todays content ..
  12. Szilent Augur

Trying to make use of clickies makes folks worse at EQ, pretty sure. Better that they're this bad than if they looked maybe good.
    Duder and FawnTemplar like this.
  13. Duder Augur

[IMG]
    Mithra and Bobbybick like this.
  14. Duder Augur

Sorry, didn't notice it cut off the ridiculous recast on the underwhelming click, *fixed:

[IMG]
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's possible, but unlikely I think. If the items were trying to cast a spell that didn't exist, then it wouldn't cast any spell at all.

Item's can link to 1 spell but display a totally different name.

Worn focus effects are an example of this:

TBL Raid arms have a focus effect called "Radiant Conflaguration" which is 70-120% fire focus up to L115.

There is no actual spell called "Radiant Conflaguration" though. What there is, is:

[45947] Fire Damage 70-120 L115
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 124 Base1=70 Base2=120 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Spell Damage by 70% to 120% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    2: SPA 134 Base1=115 Base2=5 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 5% per level)
    3: SPA 137 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: SPA 138 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: SPA 136 Base1=-2 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
    7: SPA 136 Base1=-4 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
    8: SPA 136 Base1=-8 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
    11: SPA 311 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    12: SPA 135 Base1=2 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Resist: Fire
    Increases the damage of fire-based spells by #1 to $1%. This bonus will decay on spells over level #2.

Which is the actual spell for the focus effect.

That said, I agree that these rewards are grossly undertuned.

With a 23h timer the rune/heal should be something like 500k.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

If that's not a typo in the descriptions, that's a great big middle finger to the players in a 21-year old game.
  17. Conq Augur

I purchase all the anniversary mounts every year for 6 toons. I haven't done the 20th anniversary quests at all. I won't do the 21st. Pretty lame. My time is better spent washing my car in the rain than the rewards for these.
    Conq
  18. Tucoh Augur

Throw another zero on the end of those and drop the cooldown to 5m and you'll motivate me to sub my accounts. Otherwise I'll see y'all in November.
    Zamiam likes this.
  19. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Honestly, the power needs to be multiplied x10 and the recast cut down to 3-5 minutes.