Fixed Internally Overseer quests - don't always show up on other chars

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty much been keeping 5 quests running all the time on 5 of my accounts. I've noticed occasionally when i've switched to play an alt there has only been 4 quests active. Thinking I've missed one I've started another quest.

Today I've logged into Overseer to finish my quests and was surprised to see I've got 7/5 quests.

Not sure exactly what is happening, but it appears if you switch chars shortly after sending agents off on a quest that they don't show up on other chars, the Overseer allows you to fill that slot, but when logging back to finish the quest a few hours later it shows the original quests you took out plus the extra from filling the slots not showing on the alt.

I know I'm not really explaining this very well and I cannot reproduce reliably, but i've noticed on more than one of my accounts, started off with 6/5 and I thought I was seeing things wrong but some how today I had 7/5.

Seems sometimes the chars on an account don't sinc properly with the Overseer.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This bug seems to be really weird.

Overseer doesn't appear to be saving all information once you are done. I've logged in hours after collecting rewards and been able to reclaim them when I have 6/5 quests.

Also noticed sometimes my quests change order in the window after I've closed it and reopened it.

So I'm no longer certain that it is bugging out dust to changing chars, as it appears to do this even when I zone or relog on a single char.
  3. Zaph Augur

I always make sure I have 5/5, yet this morning, again I log in to see 3/5

The two missing tasks being longer duration ones like recruitment (should have still been 20+ hours on them)

However, I noticed that my partner Yinla had 7/5 quests to claim on one of her accounts earlier, I dont suppose the shared I.P. address is screwing me over?
    Aanuvane likes this.
  4. Yinnie the Pink Elder

This is the account that is seriously messed up, had 8/5 quests when I logged in today.

Did a lot of conversions to get rid of all the low level ones, logged back in as I forgot to get the quest for dailies in Plane of Knowledge only to find my overseer Agents have returned and it looks like I still have the Agents I got from doing conversions with them

Char I've been using is Sneakyyin an level 98 rogue on AB.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  5. klanderso Developer

What's the character name for the missing quests?
  6. Drewie Augur

I also had 1 task vanishing at some point. I left at night with 5 tasks running, when I came back in the morning there were only 4 listed. I also encountered many other bugs, like :
    - sometimes being at 6/5 or even 7/5 ;
    - the Recruit quest completing twice (but not at the same time), eventually granting me 10 agents instead of 5 ;
    - some quests taking a long time to unlock even though the timer being completed, with the marketplace icon showing but not being of any use (error message when clicking it).

I'm Drewie @ Antonius Bayle, coincidentally in the same guild as Zaph and Yinla but I don't think that's related.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Zaph was the one missing 2 quests this morning.
  8. Zaph Augur

As Yinla said, its my ranger Zaph, on AB server.

and since posting this, ive lost another one, logged in just now to 4/5

ild be annoyed if the rewards were worthwhile :p
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have another one for you to look at

Blackvelvet on AB - free to play, did tutorial on her yesterday logged her in today and she has 4/3 quests.

The extra is from the tutorial that she had yesterday, it also ment she was able to do all 4 of the quests to get agents again.

She didn't zone yesterday, she is the only char on that account that has been logged in a very long time.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still not fixed logged in after patch and I have 6/5 quests. YAY me!!!

Sneakyyin AB.

Looks like the extra is last quest I claimed before the server went down, it isn't recognising I got the rewards. Before it went down I claimed the set with the Velium pelt set from ToV have now just claimed Conflagrent ore set from RoS. Quest was "How was the Cauldron Made?"
  11. Yara_AB Augur

Did you check if those extra quests showing up again can complete successful? I didn't care to take notes or screenshots - but I get the impression that those are the quests that fail once I log back in.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've just updated my post now I've looked at the quests/rewards, the other 5 quests are still running.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Other alt account is only 4/5 should be 5/5 I made sure they were running at max just before the server went down.

No idea which is missing.

Char name Yinpurr AB.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On the upside the other 4 accounts are all as expected 3 at 5/5 and one at 3/3.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is starting to drive me nuts now

Yinla - collected rewards this morning started 5 quests, switch char to Mudie still there killed a few things, switched chars back to Yinla zoned a few times now at 4/5

Sneakyyin - collected reward this morning started 5 quests, zoned a few times doing quests etc, checked just before I logged out now at 6/5.

Both accounts were logged in on AB, not done any overseer quests on other servers.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm confused. Is it just saying 6/5 or did it actually add another quest in the list?
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It has given me another quest out of no where, it looks to be a previous one I have already completed. But with other accounts gaining and loosing quests, I'm not sure if there is an issue with having more than 1 client on an IP address. But it lists 6 quests when there should only be 5.

Tonight I've been losing quests left right and center on my main account (yinla), I'm curious to see what it will be in the morning as I've had to redo quests 3 times at least to keep my quest count at 5/5.

I've been posing here the chars I've had issues with, simply because I'm baffled and I see no reason for gaining or losing quests, so there has to be something going on in the background that only DPG can see.

I've tried leaving the Overseer open when I camp/zone, making sure it is closed before I zone/camp. It doesn't matter what I try and do to reproduce or make sure it doesn't happen it just randomly changes loses or gives me quests. The count is right for what I have but 6/5 should not even be possible. :confused:

Even accounts I only play one char on have been having the same issues.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

It almost sounds like some sort of syncing issue between the EQ client and account info. Kinda makes me curious how they're storing the Overseer related stuff within the game.
  19. Drewie Augur

I'm still experiencing similar problems to Yinla, also on AB. One night I left at 5/5, went back in the morning at 3/5. Another time a quest seemingly disappeared, not sure which. This morning the Recruit Fighters quest was back, I don't think I had it last night, or maybe it's one of those quests that vanished before. It has 16 hours duration left. There's obviously a bug somewhere.
  20. Drewie Augur

Bugged again since my post 40 minutes ago, I zoned a few times and now am at 4/5 active quests. No quest completed in the meantime since the first to complete would not be before 2 or 3 hours.