Finishing Hunter Around AFKers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Catty, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Catty Lorekeeper

This isn't a rant against AFK box groups. I get they exist and that DBG doesn't act.

But I have 3 hunter kills I need to finish ToV and all 3 have been perma AFK camped for over a week.

I had 4, but after last server restart we were ready and ran in and took the camp. That's not normally an easy option.

Are there actual options besides /petition?
    Only one I see is having my group of friends sit and watch for hours until the named pops, ganking it.
  2. cadres Augur

Worse are the box groups that arrive and steal names folk have been camping for hours. There's a new one on AB causing all kinds of of misery.Nothing being done to stop/deter them
  3. Zamiam Augur

if the AFKers can not be communicated with after several attemps then just pull the mobs first and have more dps than them .

is that the only place the named spawns ? usually a named has 2 or 3 PHers ?

<cough>accidental<cough Train .. but make sure you die also so it looks legit .. but you should be able to rez before them and get to camp .. :p

also maybe /pick might be an option if it is avail in that expansion ?
  4. Evurkvest Augur

Live with it or stop playing. You can post here and/or /petition, nothing will be done about it. Having the same issues on AB.

Only thing ive had working is staying around untill they pop a named and then pull it. The scripts they are useing does not seem to prioritize nameds so you can kill it undisturbed most of the time.
  5. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Just pull the named away from their group. The scripts are designed to have a single puller run out, tag a mob, then return to camp over and over.

I've petitioned a group before and within 30 minutes they were on a one week vacation.
  6. svann Augur

1. There is no official rule against kill stealing so you cant get in trouble with GMs for it.
    2. There are social rules against it but if they are afk they dont count. If you ask them nicely if you can take their mobs and they dont answer then they have no moral claim on it. If the group later complains you stole their mob just apologize and say "well I did ask first".
    Lannin likes this.
  7. Lianeb Augur

If you keep a bot group starved of mobs they will move.
    Lannin and Whulfgar like this.
  8. Mylovelylumps New Member

Just think of it as your personal group of mercs. Pull the mobs and they’ll help you kill it! They’ll even protect you when you need A quick bathroom break.
    Lannin and Whulfgar like this.
  9. svann Augur

Kind of like friendly giants.
  10. Thraine Augur

I always send a tell to see if i can join them, or my group and theirs can form a raid for the kill so we all get credit, normally on povar people are willing to work something out.

If i get no answer and its obvious they are questing via the macro'd kind, just KS them, let them spawn the named tank it then you just be rdy wioth burns to do more dps. then move on to the next camp, if they were afk they wont miss a single mob ;)
  11. Zamiam Augur

just be sure to have /log on so you have proof that you tried to contact them and that you pulled mob first ..
    video would be nice too but /log should be sufficient