thinking about making afk farming bots

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kamog nublet shaman, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Kamog nublet shaman New Member

please remove these afk plat farming bots from tlp server they are ruining the game
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  2. forbes77 Elder

bad advice, dont join them petition etc hopefully they get delt with.
  3. Espiritun Augur

Hows that reporting going? Have you been banned yet for the mere mentioning the name of a botter?
  4. That0neguy Augur

Work fine for me when I use the right channels. I've seen multiple cheaters disappear after opening an actual petition instead of naming them on the forums.
    Skuz, code-zero and forbes77 like this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Petitioning probably eliminates the unsophisticated non macaroni bots. But for the better afk farmers they seem to get by easily.

Hell, they even have scripts to avoid detection. That was suprising to see on Almars guide of all places.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No you haven't
  7. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

you see afk bots every cash camp, so do GMs. but it's technically impossible to prove that those are afk. that's why bots never disappear. try to mention your ideas to check if they are bots or not. all the ideas should have loopholes. If you have a solution, hell yeah, you are a genius.
  8. kenmei Augur

solution is pvp...
    until then, we watch it die.
    love how they keep trying to say all is well because krono pays for it.. them krono were bought 10+ years ago. It's honestly not keeping the lights on.
  9. sumnayin Augur

Nobody is going to play on a PVP server. All the casual people that sign up to play on TLPs(and buy krono) are going to get real tired of getting ganked by neckbeards that are 50 in the first 2 days and have nothing else to do. Yes, I realize there would most likely be level restrictions on PVP and just like in WoW, or any other MMO, those people would just twink PVP classes to gank with.
  10. code-zero Augur

All the PvP people imagine that they can kill teams of bots. That’s just ridiculous
    Skuz and Hdizzle like this.
  11. Hdizzle Augur

The first time you get nuked by 4 mages at the same time plus their pets we'll get mages nerfed again lol.

There is nothing you can do in PvP unless recent changes to spell mechanics go away with PvP on. It wasn't amazing originally but there was strat and stuff to do besides I PRESSED 1 FIRST !211!!.

I would totally box 2 enc's with undispellable charm pets ... because a bad had their Ancient Jarsath stolen on a TLP 4 years ago lol
  12. kenmei Augur

Those who talk about getting ganked on respawn and griefed. yup that is EQ pvp on Zek, it's why we all hate it, and it's completely unbalanced all vs all.
    That's why the deity pvp server was so damn popular. There were no griefers anymore, one of the three sides would eventually take over a city, so griefers would be griefed very quickly. Some have said evil would be OP,maybe. they had an extreme amount of folk then, but they weren't able to push past newt chokeholds, and goods would always AJ one of us..cause they are 'good' and well paladins, so at least you see them comin. Reason I mention that is frogs are playable now, so that evil bastion down there isnt a given now.
    Also the reason I harp on this issue, is because the server already exists, the code is written...just power it up, it wasn't a broken server, it was an awesome ruleset.
  13. Brunlin Augur

I really liked the Sullon Zek pvp rules set as a 3 team pvp server but where it was flawed is that it didnt have a level cap on being flagged for pvp. Rallos (everyone for themselves) everyone within 4 levels of you were red, Tallon and Vallon ( 4 teams pvp server based on race) everyone within 8 levels of you were red...Sullon (3 teams based on alignment that was based on god faction) everyone over level 5 was red.....so basically level 50 wizards could aoe nuke level 6 in the newbie yard....if they did another sullon zek but made it like the other team server by putting a 8 level cap on pvp would be nice.....i would even stand for a 10 level cap.
  14. Brunlin Augur

Yea a full group of harden pvp players could easily take down a mage bot army.......especially semi afk carebear LOL...you ignore the pets and quickly drop the mages its not hard.
  15. code-zero Augur

Hardened? This isn't MMA, there's no such thing as "hardened" PvP players. For reference I think the scene from The Mandalorian in which the IG-11 assassin droid rides a speeder bike in to town and slaughters the Imperials in more like what would happen.

Face facts, Sam Deathwalkers bot army was all but impossible to deal with and that was a guy legitimately operating a bunch of stand alone computers.

If you've not played Zek then you are talking through your hat about EQ PvP anyway

The past is another country, they do things differently there
    Hdizzle likes this.
  16. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

it's not true that DBG does not care about bots. they do. only problem is that it's quite hard for them to tell if those are bots or not. you should be able to prove that objectively and this is totally different story. actually this problem is not only for DBG. that's why you can see bots in almost every MMORPGs.

Let me ask a simple question to you guys who may say like "i'm sure these are bots".
    "Okay, are you agree to cut off your 'xxxx' if those are not bots?"
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

That's a crock of chit.
    Easy to tell, watch. If you don't play you don't know.. You're telling me a GM can't understand normality of game play? WE CAN!
  18. code-zero Augur

No, you cannot. I’ve watched the videos that some zealots posted in the past and was unimpressed by their bot spotting ability. If you have to watch a group for 2 hours to get 30 seconds of proof there is no proof. If you depend on abusive volunteers to harass players that’s no proof either
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think it’s fair to say someone who plays the game is much better at spotting an AFK farm crew than someone who is hired to monitor and GM for multiple games owned by daybreak.

To say it’s almost impossible to tell which crews are AFK and which are just antisocial boxers I think is quite off. There are some very distinct movement patterns and pulling styles used by box crews. And the whole being online in the same camp 24/7 for weeks on end is sort of a tell as well.
  20. TxAma New Member

Why does it ruin your game? Just because you don't like how they play or you can't figure out how to do it? If they are afking in a camp and you want it then train them and take over! So sick of people complaining about this. I don't want to group with any of you except maybe on a raid so I box 100% of the time. If I had the pc to box a full raid I would do it without hesitation. The days of sitting in a group for hours on end grinding xp are done for a large number of us. The game has evolved you need to do the same.