Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

You can hasten it with $$. The free part of it (a collection item I'm missing of my choice) will end up being great.

I am hoping money does not become power though.
  2. Sappas Journeyman

SWTOR has something like this. You had the equivalent of EQ's mercs in that game that you would send out on these missions for various TS items. Only you could send out multiple mercs you didn't have "up" at the time so that you could continue to use the merc you did have up. You could send that merc also but then you wouldn't have a merc until it got back from the mission. I think the missions usually only lasted a few minutes for low end missions and like 20 min or so for the higher end ones. Been awhile though so don't remember all the details.

It was okay I guess. However, it sucked when you would wait and they would come back empty handed or not with much of a reward. Waiting 6 hours for results will make this all but pointless. Especially if you are only getting stuff you could go out and farm. Yet, it would probably suck even more if the only way to get certain items was via these... since you would basically be playing a 6 hour slot machine with the RNG.
  3. Flat Toad Elder

On a positive note, now that DB's stolen yet another gimmick from Fallout, about the only things left for em to plagiarize are sex, sexy robots, and sex WITH robots...Hey...Nerd's gotta do whut Nerd's gotta do, eh?
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

So like...um, Overseer goes live
    Then a horde of microtransaction opportunities pop up on station store....

Then ask what motivated release of Overseer...???

Say "kek" to yourself and go about your day.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Amazing, you mean, in a for profit company, the developers and producers have to justify their development time in terms of potential revenue sources to offset the investment?

They aren't making much of anything from this unless at the higher levels it changes a lot. No reason to. I doubt the devs expect to either.

But I bet they used the option as a way to justify the pitch to create it.
  6. Tappin Augur

Adding more micro transactions to this game is just going to chase more people away.
  7. NightKing Journeyman

these micro transactions are very micro, I don't see them pushing anyone away. I am happy to pay 20 cents or whatever it costs to finish it early.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Tappin Augur

It’s not really about the short term cost. People are just sick and tired of predatory cash grab schemes being placed in our games.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

They give away life time subs .. for what was it 300 bucks ? And then run that exact same thing twice ? And now yall upset over micro transactions knowing EQ has to come up with a new revenue to bring in money to support itself ?

And you rather hate on it then support it ? Why yall even play eq ?
    Lannin likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

A micro transaction is like a cockroach - if you are ok with them in your home, good for you. However, I don’t want them in the games I play. There are plenty of games coming out without micro transactions, I’ll invest in those titles.
  11. enclee Augur

Common Agents on the vendor are too expense at 17500 of currency. Somewhere around 5000 is reasonable, but 17500 is a pretty crazy number.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

See ya.
    Sancus and Maedhros like this.
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

Using 12 different level 85+ toons running quest (alot on free accounts and can only run 3 quest at a time) I have hit around 9k currency for it (don't always take currency) so you can buy one like once every 3-4 weeks if you are solo player with no other characters.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Unless they start making these overseers a power thing where you need them I do not see a problem.
    Let some people pay extra to get ornaments faster so we can keep paying the devs for things the rest of us care about.
    They've been pretty good so far about not letting power bleed into the day break store.
    Lannin and Kuursed like this.
  15. Tappin Augur

Greed gets the best of most publishers. This is just a gateway into the abyss.
  16. Derd Augur

People who complain about a company finding ways to make more money.... probably first ones screaming about not enough content in new expansion.

Love overseer, have completed 7 collections without having to overpay in bazaar.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's why they're for sale in the store for 270 (I think, with discount).

They don't want people hoarding coins to add more agents...they want people to spend Daybreak cash to buy them.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, because the marketplace hasn't existed for like 15 years now....

Considering the people whining in the bug thread about them disabling spending money on finishing tasks early, apparently, others are happy to have the transactions available.

Here's an idea! If you don't want to use it, then...don't.
  19. Derd Augur

You can play overseer and never spend a single dbc point.. not even the 500 they give you for free..
    Gyurika Godofwar, Whulfgar and Yinla like this.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Maybe soon a micro transaction to permanently, without pots, fix TOV experience? Whaddya think?