NPC fears

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rentic, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Rentic Journeyman

Can any kind Dev/GM confirm if snaring yourself or setting walk changes how fast you run when feared or is it set to a default speed?
  2. That0neguy Augur

Setting walk does not. Also having bard speed on does not. I'm not 100% sure about snare though.
  3. Rentic Journeyman

Don't suppose a Dev could chime in or give a link to the patch notes?
  4. That0neguy Augur

ROFL. Go test it if you really want to know the answer.
  5. Bewts Augur

It’s been a long time, but for some reason I recall a time where I had Cazic snare and dracoliche fear and didn’t move much?

I could be misremembering.

It’s better to simply not get feared... so pump that MR over other stats...
  6. sumnayin Augur

I'd answer but what does this have to do with TLPs? There are appropriate forums for this
  7. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

Snare effects like Torpor and Fungal regrowth will slow the rate at which you run from a fearing mob at least in Classic / Kunark. Not sure about some Live mobs.
  8. Aiona Augur

Snare will not slow down the speed at which you run away from the NPC, but it will slow your runspeed once you regain control of your character (when fear spell drops).

Edit: at least that's how it worked on a raid mob I was fighting with my druid (Darling) on Mangler. Treeform also got cancelled when I was feared so it didn't prevent me from being feared.