Fixed Internally Overseer window needs a scroll bar

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by yodo, Mar 11, 2020.

1. yodo Augur

[IMG]
    It's impossible to select agents on lower resolution screens.
    Wulfhere, eepok, Simonsays and 9 others like this.
  2. DCPD158 Elder

I am on a laptop and not only does it need a scroll bar, but it needs the ability to adjust the window.
    cadres likes this.
  3. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

+1 to this. I could technically switch back and forth to 1920x1080 every time i wanted to use it, but it is annoying to not be able to use it at lower resolutions. It requires a side scroll bar.
  4. Swordsmaan New Member

+2. Very disappointing. Any workaround would be appreciated. I cannot get it to scroll at any resolution.
  5. Monkman Augur

The only workaround I’ve found on. 15.5 inch laptop was to vertically raise the window as high and low as possible (through the white bar at the top of the browser) only then was I *barely* able to click the very top millimeter of the start quest button (I’m assuming it says this as I can’t even see it)
  6. Swordsmaan New Member

Thank you Monkman! I went into "full screen" mode, and was able to get that little sliver you found. That sliver allows you to pick an agent, which in turn enables the "start" button.
  7. yodo Augur

For people having this issue you can add a scroll bar by going into your eq folder > uifiles > default then editing EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

search for "<VerticalLayoutBox item="OW_OQP_RightPane">"

replace that section with:
    Code:
    <VerticalLayoutBox item="OW_OQP_RightPane">
            <ScreenID>OW_OQP_RightPane</ScreenID>
            <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
            <MinVSize>80</MinVSize>
            <MinHSize>250</MinHSize>
            <Style_VScroll>true</Style_VScroll>
            <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent>
            <DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate>
            <Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
            <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>
            <Spacing>10</Spacing>
            <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_QuestInfoLayout</Pieces>
            <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_MinionSelectionScreen</Pieces>
        </VerticalLayoutBox>
    the "<Style_VScroll>true</Style_VScroll>" was added. The scroll bar is way out of whack but it "works."

Of course make a backup before changing anything.
  8. ForumBoss Augur

One of my PC's has a vertical resolution of only 768, and the overseer UI is too tall to use with it. There is no scroll bar to scroll down to the Agent selection area, nor a horizontal oriented layout that I could find. Is there a workaround I don't know of, or is this an actual limitation?
    Dimleelit, yakfoo and CRAZO like this.
  9. yodo Augur

10. Gano New Member

I cant get it to work either, tried to max screen as much as possible as well
  11. Dardac New Member

+1. This is embarrassing, please fix it.
  12. Simonsays Journeyman

I am unable to see the entire overseer window. I use a laptop, and the overseer window is too big for the screen and cannot change the size enough to be able to see the bottom of the window. I cannot begin any quests as a result
    Piflet and Nennius like this.
  13. Purrfection New Member

Exact same issue, very frustrating that the window can't be resized
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not playing on a laptop, but...

For me (on all 3 accounts), the Overseer window can be resized like any other window. And all the frames within the window have scrollbars that function as normal.
    eepok likes this.
  15. globeadue Lorekeeper

https://i.imgur.com/8ZUlxdV.jpg
    I run eq in 1366x768 resolution full screen
    Overseer window, agents are cutoff during missing assignment.
    I have tried adjusting size and layout of the window, nothing seems to allow the agents to show fully.
    Dardac, Simonsays and Piflet like this.
  16. yodo Augur

bump. I'd like to be able to pay to win like everyone else please.
    Dardac likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

I see the scrollbar on that frame. Can you not just click on that area and use the mousewheel to scroll?
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Same issue on both my laptops, even with stretching the Overseer window as far as I can in the Y axis the "Available Agents" panel is cut off at the bottom, I can just barely see a scroll bar down there but it doesn't allow me to reach any of the buttons.
  19. Piflet New Member

Yep, same, can't select agents on laptops, I can on my desktop but I sure ain't gonna keep switching accounts to the desktop just for overseer
  20. mark Augur

window 10 some times does funny thing under setting in window try change size of text to 100 might fix it.