TOFs raid change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Not commenting on the rest, but this is an extremely poor attitude. It is predicated on the assumption that there is an endless pool of players, which we all know is false.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Endless? No. But there are good players out there. You either have to look and find and keep them, or join up in those places.

But if you have 65 raiders log on, 11 are going to get benched. If the 11 best are benched and the raid fails, there is a potential direct correlation. Especially if those 11 raid and win. Granted that does not automatically mean your 11 is best of the best (maybe 7 are and those 7 were the difference between success and fail), but it is a raid leader's responsibility to make groups and raids that give the guild the best chance to win.

Consistent failures in that mean that leadership needs to be replaced. If that does not happen, then players have to make a tough decision. Stay and deal with losses, or try and go somewhere and win. I can only choose for myself, and everyone has to make that individual decision.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

You are not wrong.

However your attitude is what enables crap player's lazily mucking their way threw in raid slots that they do not deserve.

If they deserve that raid slot .. they would be among the best in their class in that raid setup. Of course not every one will be top talent, however neither should any guild accept crap play from a single person in their raid.
    Lannin likes this.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

All of you people complaining are acting as if the game (and most other mmo's) has not had a long history of several expansions being unbeatable by even the top raiding guilds at first.

Fast forward to now, and what some of you are essentially doing is complaining about potentially not being able to beat content, that you are resisting any and all advice on how to get better as a guild so you can beat that content.

I guess none of you have ever had the experience of not being able to beat a raid, the guild improving as a whole, and then beating the raid. It's easily among the greatest things you can do as a player in an MMO. If you have had that experience, and you are sitting here in this thread resisting the urge to improve your guilds raiding ability, you have forgotten what that felt like in the past.

If you don't want that, why are you even playing?
    Lannin, Funky, Ibudin and 4 others like this.
  5. Cadira Augur

[IMG]
    Lannin, Scornfire, Funky and 5 others like this.
  6. Szilent Augur

... then you split raid tier1! 30 each and everyone gets to load their bard boxes, parses look amazing and event mechanics work flawlessly because no lag. ohhhsonice

If a guild has that many wanting to raid, then that guild has enough to raid even the "real" stuff twice in a week. The S tier players of your main raid are still A+grade playing their alts, if a full second force isn't hot to trot. You can even fill with casuals & guests, if some attention is paid to equitable loot. Having two raid times will even benefit the best as they get to pick which works best for their rl schedule.
    Raccoo likes this.
  7. Windance Augur

If you go back to some of the earlier posts from last year you will see that several of us HAVE asked for advise on how to get better. Most of the time the answers are not helpful and fall into the 'git gud'.

Thankfully Alyanna (sp) took the time to list out some of the things we actually have some things we can directly work on.

What I will specifically complain about in this thread is them moving the goal post. We were the first on our server to get ToFS 1 down. We've done it twice now. Each time we've shaved some time off and next time would have gotten it before the enrage timer.

Instead we get a charlie brown and lucy kicking the foot ball skit ...

8. Whulfgar Augur

Which guild are you in?
  9. Sancus Augur

Someone should start a guild consulting service.
    Kuvani, yepmetoo, Funky and 4 others like this.
  10. Maedhros High King

Congrats Sancus!
    Belexes and Funky like this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Has anyone done it since the change or are we all on lockout?

Any actual input on what may or may not have changed?
  12. Allayna Augur

WTF is sitting bards?!

Oh wait, it’s Cloud, nvm....
  13. Warpeace Augur

Forum quest math, the best kind.
    svann likes this.
  14. Littlelegs Elder

The year is 2020. And Sancus has assumed full sentience. Previously, he was a Shennron hand puppet or something less gross like one of those shrieking rubber chickens from 1000 years ago when vines were a thing. Or a David Ortiz bobblehead. But now ... HE CONTROLS ALL GUILDS. All guild performance he tweaks to his perfection. He'll run dummy parse after dummy parse. Raid instance after raid instance. Hours upon hours. You would weep if you saw all the spreadsheets. All making small minor adjustments to optimize peak performance.

And then retires to his den reeking of mahogany. Like he stole the Mahogany Kings cologne, and honestly it's probably a bit off-putting. Take it easy Sancus. Good is good, but really, mahogany isn't like irish spring. But then he awakens and realizes what it means to be the .... wait what were we talking about? Oh yeah, the changes seem weird or misguided. But we aren't privy (always) to the vision of raid difficulty or the rationale to changes made to it. And it sounds like that one bard is doing good on the parse except he's bored so maybe not happy on the inside. A NEW MYSTERY. And it falls to Sancus to right the wrongs of the whoevers and whatevers to do the ... thing. Ran out of steam on this. Goodnight.
    FawnTemplar, Belexes, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  15. Redemption Lorekeeper

Not a fan of the change for ToFS1. +/- 50 mill hp per restless. not exact but in the ballpark. Did they think that all the 2handers over 690 base were gonna wreck the raid? I agree that it is moving the goalposts and honestly that should not be done. No bug or exploit was corrected by this change. this will be a setback and most will overcome but it still feels like it was done just to slow everything down. Please do post info on caster burns and stacking and heck do the same for melee and do a good write up for priests and tanks as well. because after reading this thread i feel like not a single player in my guild is playing up to standards and there is no benching ppl unless they truely force us to, so teaching is the only option. (the base is shrinking and some day it will get around to your server as well. i cant wait till they drop raids to 48 or 42. )
  16. Raccoo Augur

[IMG]
    Marton, Funky, Ravanta Suffer and 2 others like this.
  17. Ibudin Augur

Been in both situations - guilds that don't field enough players to fill raids, and guilds that have more than enough and that have a constant bench. I can say, I prefer the guild with the bench. Its frustrating being in a guild that has 30 solid players, but the other 10-15 that you add to the raid really are low performers are drain on the morale. Now try to recruit when the server has the top 2 guilds across all servers right above you becomes nearly impossible. You make the best of that situation.
    Lannin likes this.
  18. Windance Augur

Try it on a server that only has two active raiding guilds for your time zone.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I'm assuming you're talking about Xegony. MS gets a lot of our apps from other servers. Perhaps I'm biased because I only somewhat recently came to Xegony myself (to app with MS) about 6 months ago, but a high amount of our apps lately have come from other servers.

I'm sure other high end guilds are like this, it's nothing new really.

I have even less data on this to speak of, but it does seem that a high number of apps who don't make the cut do not end up staying on Xegony...if they do continue playing they hop servers again.

TLDR: I'm sure it's slightly harder for an up an coming guild to recruit on Xegony than it would be on other servers, but perhaps not as much as you might think.
  20. Cloud the Third Augur

Are you just jealous your bards ranked below me? At least according to magelo and in every stat not just hp and ac!

[IMG]
    Cloud <Inverse Logic> luclin
    [IMG]
    Caio <Machin Shin> xegony