TOFs raid change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Daedly Augur

If he is a bard, probably getting all that mez damage DPS from ToFS #2.
    Cadira likes this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

/sigh
    I name my guild leader. He started this vicious rumor
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Is there any similar resource for melee DPS? I also found a nice writeup from Gotcharms on caster disc stacking, but haven't been able to find any good, semi-recent similar writeups for melee. It seems that, for whatever reason, finding good resources for melee DPS is more difficult than for caster DPS.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Raids are designed for 54 players for the past decade or so. If you can win it with 40, cool. If not, bring up to 14 more until you can.

I mean, group missions are designed for six. If you can do it with with two, cool. If not, bring up to 4 more until you can.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

This is rich .. coming from the same dude who denied SV member's .. to come help in raids ..

Hypocrites.. I tell you ..
  6. Whulfgar Augur

If your guild can not beat current content. Recruit. Recruit Recruit... Until you can beat it .

Nuff said..
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

Not really a good way I mean you can recruit all you want but you should not have so many players in your raid that you are having to sit people. Big problem with my guild is they have to many people and are trying to "be fair" and sit random people but the problem is when you are sitting your top 10 dps but leaving in someone else who can't even get in the top 30. You may still win that raid but overall you are hurting the guild with because even if it is 1 raid every week that is 10 less raid currency your people are getting.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

then your guilds doing it stupidly..

Never bench your best players if you wish to beat raids..
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. Laronk Augur

Well I'd say that if you're not performing well, like a beastlord that doesn't break top 30 the person needs a talking to and if they don't improve their "playstyle" then maybe they get auto benched until they don't suck.

If you want to talk fair, its not fair for someone who knows what their doing to have to sit (assuming they're ontime) for someone of the same class consistently doing half the DPS.
  10. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Yeah, bench these people, who will eventually quit. I guess you all think it is healthy for the game if we cut out all the players who don't preform to the best of their abilities? If the goal is to limit the content to very few i'm sure live server population will continue to shrink, I don't see how it can do anything else. If you/devs think shrinking LIVE server population is a good thing then no changes need to be made.

I only bring up these points because I don't understand why these raids had to be changed?
    Redemption likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

100% this..
    Lannin and feeltheburn like this.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

NO JUST the casuals need to stop wanting their cake and eat it too. Successful raiding is about performing...if you do not perform or do not have the time, then be a casual....you cannot be both. End story, nothing new, its been that way for some time now.
    Lannin and Whulfgar like this.
  13. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Well we can only hope with a new Producer comes a new attitude.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

attitude wont change how raids are done, or how a raider or raid makeup is defined. Beat the horse all you want, once its dead its dead. Move on . Raid or don't, it does not fly both ways.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

Yea well I am not running the guild so it is a problem and I would leave the guild and go to one of the better run ones on our server just I have been in this guild since pop so it is hard to leave due to that (we have lost a couple of extremely good dps for basically this reason). We have been through up and down times as a guild and currently being run as half casual half hardcore. We got some that do really good and we have some that honestly we would be better off with 53 people then them in the raid. I almost got pissed off the other raid when I got sat cause they had to many people because I know where I rank in ability compared to so many others.

I wasn't the only other good bard to get sat either we had like 6 bards on or something so they sat a different bard per raid so everyone had to sit out one. I do know that 2 of us are extremely good, 1 of them is slightly behind us, and the other 3 are kinda =/ so honestly if they wanted to sit a bard they should have had the 3 weaker ones sit out 2 raids each. Even our worst bards still out dps some of our dps classes so really they should have just sat the bad dps.

I am sure I will hear something from people in our guild for posting this but I like to be honest about things and if they want to kick me go ahead I have had multi invites to other raiding guilds who really want me to join.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Bench poor players, and poor players will quit? And then you can replace the poor player with a better player?

I am missing the issue. Seems like a win/win. Get rid of bad, replace with good, profit.

As far as limiting content, this expansion is much easier as far as raids go than the previous one. At some point there has to be some basic common sense and basic competence expected out of players.

Last night my wife went to Olive Garden with her sister. It took her 4 minutes to figure out how to insert the chip on her credit card to pay in that Ziosk machine they have. There is actual video on the screen showing you how to do it, and she could not make it happen. How much easier does Olive Garden have to make it for her? How much easier does DPG have to make raids for you all?

Or... my wife can get better. Learn how to insert her chip card. Ask questions, take some time to get better. Then profit.
  17. Daedly Augur

Unless you are in a top 5 or 10 guild, just putting in an honest effort to improve should get any DPS class in the top 20. I think you are overestimating what it actually takes to play any dps class to a relative decent potential.
    feeltheburn and Szilent like this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

Then you need to stop being mad at the game.

You are making a decision. You could leave and join a higher rank guild, with better players and better rosters and a better chance of winning. Instead, you are choosing to stay with the guild because you have been in it a long time.

That is fine. I am not challenging your decision, you do what is best for you. But do not blame the game, or the developers, for your failures at winning raids. Because you are choosing this path, not DPG or any developer. None of them are telling you to stay with your current guild. Only you are.

BTW when I say "you" it refers to anyone in a situation similar to what the quoted post is saying. Not just the creator of the quoted post.
    feeltheburn, Sancus and Whulfgar like this.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

So many have this attitude top 5 or not. Most classes have evolved over the years and lots of players good and bad haven't evolved with them. They do the same old same old and expect that what was good 4 years ago still makes them good now.
    Funky, feeltheburn and Allayna like this.
  20. Laronk Augur

I said that they need a talking to first, and in my example I used person a doing half the damage of same class person b. We're not talking 90% or 80%, some players are just a bit slower and aren't going to do 100% of someone else and we should accept that but if you have a bench of players and there's a player that's literally able to do the job of two other players why would you bench the one player.

If you make "fair" rotations your good players might quit your guild and go find a guild where they don't get benched. I wouldn't want to stay in a guild where I got stuck in a bench rotation when someone of the same class gets to play doing half of what I do.

Also if your bench is too big all the time then you might need to trim players, there's nothing like logging in to raid and not getting to raid.
    Lannin and Whulfgar like this.