Resurrection/Revival Sickness

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RPoo, Mar 11, 2020.

1. RPoo Augur

- Changed the way Resurrection Sickness works. It no longer reduces stats. It will now increase the cast time of detrimental spells by 10% and decrease your attack speed by 10%. Both of these values will stack with other spells rather than preventing haste or spell haste effects.
    - Changed the way the PvP version of Resurrection Sickness works. The cast time increase and attack speed decrease have the same values, but these effects will stack with other spells rather than preventing haste or spell haste effects.
    - Changed the way Revival Sickness works. It no longer caps mana and endurance at 4000. Instead it caps at 25% and slowly decreases the cap by 1% every 5 levels starting at 50. For example, the cap at level 85 is 18% and the cap at level 115 is 12%.

OMG! WOW! TY!
    enclee likes this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I can't say I'm happy about the spell slow being added, but if I'm being honest res sickness was always really one-sided and this is a lot more fair.

I also feel the need to point out that "10%" isn't really the same for both since melee operate on a range of 100-225 and casters operate from 100-50...
    Renotaki, Sancus and RPoo like this.
  3. eqzekisdead Augur

This is the first pvp balancing update we have gotten on zek in over 15 years! I am excited to see they are finally working on improving zek!
  4. That0neguy Augur

So will I still have 90% melee atk speed after a res and all this changes is I can now get buffed before it fades? Or will I have 190% or 215% depending on buffs.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

190 or 215 from my understanding
  6. Greymantle Augur

Well with the previous mana cap being 4000, you were not going to be doing much nuking until that wore off anyway. At least now a mod rod or those strage gems some casters get will be usefull at rez again.Slow is on detrimmental spells, so will not effect buffs/heals.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And I was going to check on my Overseer quests!
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Revival Sickness =/= Resurrection Sickness
    Sancus and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  9. Numiko Augur

This will certainly help zerging raid targets! ;)
    eqgamer likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Watch the next patch revert it to the original form, with a "Just Kidding!" note added to it.
  11. Thraine Augur

you know that helping zek was a unfortunate by product of a blue server patch, there was never any intention of helping zek lol
  12. Maneuvre Augur

they are getting the PVP TLP ready. its ok
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

If you keep bringing it up it will happen right?
    Duder likes this.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What's the purpose of the distinction between Resurrection Sickness and the PvP version of Resurrection Sickness? Were these previously different but now they are the same? Enlighten this non-PvPer please.
  15. eqzekisdead Augur

The 15min snare and 50% slow was supposed to stop people from just taking the guild banner back into pvp warzones where guilds were fighting. Those were fun times. There were tricks to instantly remove the pvp sickness so it didn't do much. Now there are no guilds left on zek at all.