Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. gnomeboss Augur

will i ever be able to run more than 5 missions at once?
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

My free accounts with level 85+ toons can only run 3 quest at once. This does mean maybe a good reason to PL like 30 free accounts so you can get alot of collection or tradeskill items without doing anything but logging in 30 different accounts every 12 hours.
    Riou likes this.
  3. Nylrem Augur

I've now completed over 50 overseer missions across 7 accounts, and the fail rate is terrible.

Nowhere close to the 79-81% success rate that it seems to imply. I have greater than 50% fail rate, not spent any DBC to complete any early.

Does the indicated success rate only apply if spend DBC to complete early?
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I can confirm that the indicated rate does not change if using DBC to complete early. It still sucks and does not seem at all accurate.
  5. enclee Augur

The failure rate is pretty crazy had 5 missions going last night, and checked earlier with 4/5 failed. The success rate suggested was 78-82%.
    Veltio likes this.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I find it strange that there’s no indication when an overseer task is completed. No in-game message, no pop-up or highlight within the overseer window, the task doesn’t even filter to the top of the currently assigned quests list for quick checking. You have to manually click through each task to check the individual timers.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

I like the concept.I hope the UI can be polished so it's easier to understand which quests are actually available for the agents which are not currently working other tasks. There's a lot of pointing and clicking trying to find what fits. Maybe it should suggest quests based on current agents and levels?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Question-

I got the ten heroes from Ak Anon through the tutorial. Is there a way I can get ten from Felwithe? If not, is there a way to delete and restart Overseer to not get Ak Anon heroes?
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Not sure if it really is a bug or not but it is confusing and annoying that the name of the agent in the agent list is not the one listed when trying to pick an agent for a quest. What is even more annoying about it is some of them take the first name and others take the last name.

Orc Emissary -> Emissary
    Guardian of the Keep -> Guardian

Also the agent list isn't setup well there is no line or space between different agents so it all blurs together. It would be nice to have a line between each one. The highlight color is also a problem because it turns it yellow but that means you can't see the level of the agent since it hides the color for how powerful it is.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

You can do recruitment quest later on and get random ones but no way to change your starting set.

3/12 have failed for me making a 25% fail rate but every quest I have run has been a min of 81% but most 90%+. Also remove the 100% quest from tutorial and conversions and I have
    37.5% failure rate which is extremely higher than the 20% or less failure rate listed from doing the quest. Something is broke on the way it shows success rate.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

Lets face it and just be honest here you guys wasted a ton of time making this mini game which isn't really helpful since anything that drops can be farmed in less time than waiting 6-12+ hours for a quest to finish.

This game has so much stuff that needs work from the devs the only reason this was created was to give people a way to buy tradeskill and collections without doing work. It in no way was created to play for fun or allow someone to not spend money and use since it takes so long to do anything.

I would have much preferred if you guys made some kinda card game you could play with other real people (you know MMO multiplayer game) and maybe you could use cards you won from that to buy stuff but you only got so many cards per day or week given to you.
  12. gnomeboss Augur

i've got 2 tumpy irontoe's, one is questing and the other is unavailable for questing 'cause ... reasons. working as intended or something else?
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

gnomeboss likes this.
  14. Kneeo Journeyman

For those paying money to complete the Overseer quests early, repeatedly failing quests with a 90% success rate indicator seems like false advertising or failure to deliver an honest product. Personally, I'm not buying anymore accelerated quest completions until they fix the disconnect.
    Veltio likes this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I've been busy irl and didn't pay a lot of attention to Overseer info on Test. I'm pretty disappointed this is a predatory cell phone game, requiring station cash to continue questing. Did EA Games or Bethesda give you that idea? If so, don't do what they do haha
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

It is incorrect not sure exactly but I would expect double the failure chance it has listed. So if it says 90% to succeed than expect 80% if it says 80% than expect 60%. Based on my numbers so far this is how it has come out with all my quest listing 85% or higher and a 33% failure rate.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

18. Derd Augur

I've not ran that many but I've had zero fails, are you selecting the proper agents for each selection?
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

I have 12 fails and 15 wins and 1 critical win (43% fail rate). I've been picking the right agents and also maximizing the bonuses. I've not started a single quest with less than an 85% success rate. The failure rate is not correct.

*edit* I'm now at 1 critical success, 16 success, 15 failure, and 2 crit fail. (Exactly 50% fail rate)

Disappointing
  20. That0neguy Augur

85 success, 18 failure. All mine are probably 85+ higher chance. We have a small sample size but sure seems like the % wins are not correct.

We even had a few people fail conversion quests which are supposedly 100% success and they had to wait the 12hr refresh to get the quest back.

Anyone submit a bug report yet?