Cannot log in~

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

I cant log in either .. same issue I was having on the 7th .. invalid credentials . lets go DB ..
    ever since the data transfer migration back in feb. the servers have been unreliable .. this is not good

I have not tried my other 12 accounts but if it was anything like on the 7th im sure i'll be able to get a few of them online , however my main account is the one im wanting to play atm ..
  2. Jondalar Augur

3 paid accounts 2/3 no problem. other invalid credentials on forums and there was an error completing your request on launcher.
  3. Numi Journeyman

cant even log into the forum with my account I normally post with, keep getting invalid credentials
    also seems like the patcher has forgotten all my saved passwords for my accounts, wants me to enter one, but when I do then I just get a unable to process at this time message.
  4. Nivea New Member

I can log into the game on 5 of my accounts. 2 of my paid accounts cannot be logged into the game or anywhere. I get the invalid credentials error.
  5. Zamiam Augur

ok i got main account in and my other paid account .. will check the rest here soon ..
  6. Yolan Lorekeeper

Some kind of recognition of this problem would be awesome.
  7. Yolan Lorekeeper

8. Yolan Lorekeeper

And it finally let me in.
  9. Duder Augur

1 account is unable to login, just continuously gets Error - A timeout occurred.
  10. Keanea New Member

2 out of 5 accounts unable to log in, but they do if I don't skip the launcher (which is a pain in the butt!)
  11. Duder Augur

My experience is the same. If I use the launcher I can log the account in. But if I skip the launcher I get "Error - A timeout occurred"
  12. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

I have the same problem 2 of my 3 accounts work fine with or without the launcher, but my main account only works with the launcher it also has a "special character" in the user name, which the other two do not have, somebody else mentioned this in another thread.
  13. Keanea New Member

You might be on to something there - my two accounts that won't log in both have underscores in the username, the rest do not.
  14. Evurkvest Augur

Same for me, if i run launcher things work but if not i get "Error - A timeout occurred"
  15. Nadisia Augur

As Keana said just above, probably a good find, and something to investigate.
    My 2 accounts with timeout errors (without launcher) have also an underscore and/or special characters in the user name.
  16. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

I have an underscore as well in User Name. This must be the problem

Would just like to point out that Dizok Jester and Kartharx noticed it, not me.
    Kartharx likes this.
  17. Duder Augur

Interesting, the account I am having issue with also has a special character in the login name
  18. Enchilada Journeyman

Can confirm different things now:

If you wait a bit and don't input the name/password right in time then you get ALWAYS something like "account not validated".

If the patcher is not used and bypassed for starting eqgame.exe instead of launchpad.exe because of making it easier for boxers who use some kind of window switching tool then account names with special letters like "_" (underscore) in the name will not be able to login on properly.

Temporary solution:
    - instantly input password and name
    - use lauchpad.exe for special characters

But it is simply borked at moment since the new patch.

These problems were present before but had absolute random effects in the past. But now they are exactly in the same way repeatable.
  19. AppleSplatter Journeyman

I also have a special character in the acct that can't log on. Please fix soon darkpaw
    Duder likes this.