Guild Tradeskill Banker

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bardan Masquerader, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Xyphen Maximum Augur

No, there aren't any calculations in these operations so there wouldn't be a noticeable load on the server. It also only has to run this operation once per every guild hall instance load.

Maybe a fraction of a second longer guild hall load times. Databases are optimized for CRUD (create, read, update and delete) operations so this simple fetch is a drop in the bucket.
    Zamiam likes this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

Kewl ty Xyphen for the info
  3. Bobokin Augur

Considering that a guild hall is its own instanced zone, it should be negligible.

I am for more immersiveness, so it would be nice to have:

1. Guild Banker (anything)
    2. Guild Librarian (scrolls, spells, tomes, book, note)
    3. Guild Apothecary (potion, poison, bandage)
    4. Guild Bartender (food, drink, alcohol, wine, beer, ale, stout)
    5. Guild Armorer (armor, weapon)
    6. Guild Trader (tradeskill items)

Even so, just a librarian and a trader would be nice.
    IceSy, Greymantle and Xyphen like this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Guild Bank - Anything
    Guild Consumable Master - Potions, Poisons, Food, Drink, Powersources
    Guild Collections Master - Collectibles items
    Guild Tradeskill Master - Tradeskill items
    Guild Spell Master - Spell Scrolls and Melee Tomes

I think that breakdown makes more sense. Having the apothecary and Bartender seems redundant, and not having a collectible Banker seems like an oversight since those are a big number of house stored items Id guess.
    IceSy and Fanra like this.
  5. Bobokin Augur

It is not very immersive. How many times do you and your buddies hit the "consumable master" for a beer and pizza?

7. Guild Archivist (collectables)

I'd stick that one in the library with the librarian.
  6. demoria7 Elder

It could not be that difficult to allow two banker types for a guild hall, programming wise. Let's do it.
  7. Greymantle Augur

These would be nice, i think the limiting factor is the sheer number of items that the database would have to store/load for the instance. They do have memory restrictions and pushing the limits effects lag and zoning times.
  8. Myca775 Journeyman

They should also add in the tribute window a TS tab, I have most of my trophies maxed and have them placed in house, having a separate TS tab I can just put them all there and not have to swap out all my 8 stat trophies when I want to work on TS, just simply Activate the TS tab when needed and be able to enable 8 trophies at once.