Latest Monk info?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Soygen, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Soygen New Member

I've recently returned to the game after a very long hiatus. Is there any active/updated info on monk skills, burn order, etc? The old forums all seem dead. Is that info here, on the official forum?
  2. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

This is the latest and greatest thread. Picking up more detail likely requires friends or good monk guildmates.

I haven't played a monk in a very long time but still do lots of lurking and theory crafting so take this with a grain of salt. It appears monks have a big burn every 7 and a half minutes. Heel is your best and should be used with all the adps goodies and your own stuff. Speedfocus is the next best and likely nets you the most return by holding it for Thunder, Spire and Dicho again or you use this first if the big burn call for event is later into the raid. In between epics you toss in the filler stuff and then run other decent discs with shaman and bard stuff. If something is going to be 10 minutes or less you sync up the big stuff and try to have something always up the entire time.
  3. yober Elder

Does tiger claw just scale better with increased skill caps than dragon punch/tail rake? I haven't played any expansions even close to live but tail rake has always been better, at what point does that change?
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

At the point where there are +Tiger Claw on items and AAs which increase Tiger claw dps as well as other abilities which trigger off of Tiger claw to blind mobs (lowing their accuracy). There are more things as well. But Tiger Claw and Eagle Strike (can proc to return endurance) tend to be the ones that people favor. I do think that some gimmick was added to Dragon Punch after they completely separated Dragon Force into its own on demand AA rather than a proc off DP.
  5. 55monky New Member

The most recent post on Monk stuff was done by Thrillo under the title "monk strats 2.0"

I think that is the most updated and detailed monk info that went up to RoS….I am a 115 raid monk and would like someone to write up something new with ToV content. I could write something up but it wont be at detailed as Thrillo.
  6. Heajol Augur

Soyabean! Good to see you around.

@55monky Would love if you did write something up even if it isn't as detailed as Thrillo's.

I am trying to figure things out still .. I hit 115 last week and I feel like I'm faking my way through things trying to figure things out since it isn't just Innerflame and Thunder Kick anymore ..

The most detailed info I can find seems to be from a couple of years ago.
  7. Szilent Augur

It hasn't been just that since 2002. Read Thrillo's guide. Put its advice into practice. If you think some information there isn't current, or you find it doesn't apply, that thread is very much the appropriate venue to get clarification -- hopefully on something more germane than "this isn't how it was in Luclin!"
  8. Heajol Augur

Thanks. I am reading it and re-reading it. Taking a while to get my feet wet again.